Magicka?

I think I heard something about that ... hope they can pull it off!

Looks pretty good, and I like the idea of co-op (even though I'll never find anyone playing, just like every other co-op game I've ever played). I also like that it's not super serious, dark, gritty, and with side boobs for the sake of having side boobs. And, since I like it, it will probably never come out. Duke Nukem Forever/Grimoire syndrome.

Video is loading REALLY slow for me. REALLY slow.

I'm hoping for something light-hearted, in the vein of Dungeon Lords (which in spite of it's overall crappiness was fun for a quickie in COOP). My hopes for this title are pretty high since the team doesnt seem to have a focused and well defined goal rather than lofty, sprawling visions... Too many games fail because the devs want to do too much.

It looks rather "kunterbunt", which means "very colourful". :D

I especially like that screenshot where one of the hooded mages looks into a painting of some ancestor ? - who is also so deeply hooded that one isn't able to see his or her face … :lol:

From the Swedish interviews I've seen the devs put an emphasis on the magic system (different magics interact and amplify each other), coop, and friendly fire. It seems like a light-hearted game to play with friends. The roleplaying aspects will not be all that strong.

Coop and pure action will make me avoid it but it seems a sort of more adult version of JRPG and not serious too. I would enjoy a similar mood in a deeper RPG less action oriented.

Its "cuteness look" reminds me of Nox. ;)

So it's more Diablo than Baldur's Gate? Still looks nice, and probably fun to play for short periods at a time. Sadly, the devs noted that there probably won't be much if anything in the way of moddability. Which is key to a long lasting, good game.

Said dev also said they wouldn't be at all surprised to see people figure out how to mess with things a bit over on Paradox, or at least that's how I see the tone.

Looks quite nice though, and q2/q3 this year would be decent timing.

Back
Top Bottom