Moonshades: a dungeon crawler RPG - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Moonshades: a dungeon crawler RPG

Default Moonshades: a dungeon crawler RPG

March 24th, 2019, 10:07
I would like to ask you for your honest opinions about a self developed game. I am working on it in my free time.

Moonshades is a dungeon crawler role-playing game developed exclusively for the Android platform, to restore the immersive atmosphere and experience of the old-school RPG's.

Google Play

Thanks!

Viktor

moonshades

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 24th, 2019, 16:14
I will give it a try, I have a thing for dungeon crawlers. Turn based would be better but I play them all anyway I won't deny it. The old two step (attack, step away) does get old though.

warmonger3

Ethereal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 24th, 2019, 16:43
I like the looks of this game, should it ever wind up at great old games or steam I might give it a shot.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

March 25th, 2019, 23:50
Hi, thanks for posting this! I downloaded Moonshades and played it on my commute today. I'm not far in, but I really enjoyed what I saw and wanted to post some quick feedback. I'll keep playing and post again later in.

- The game looks great. I'm playing it on a Huawei Mate 20 Lite, so a long way from top of the range. The graphics are colourful and smooth, and the UI is immediately intuitive and easy to use. It made an excellent first impression!
- I was initially a bit disappointed that there wasn't a deeper character creation system. There seems to be plenty of options for levelling up different skills though, so I imagine my two characters will differentiate over time (I'm going to try focussing one on melee and the other on magic, but I'll see how it goes!)
- On a related note, I like the idea of having to find skill books to increase specific skills. It gives a good reward for exploration.
- An automap would be helpful. I'm not going to break out the graph paper on a train or wherever else I'm likely to play a game on my phone! Having said that, I quite like a challenge and it may depend on how you've designed the levels, so I may change my mind about this as I play…
- One save slot feels a bit restrictive.
- I don't mind RT combat - I prefer TB but it's not a deal breaker. I haven't played long enough to have a fixed opinion about Moonshades combat yet. It certainly seems to work well enough, although I was finding it a little tricky to time my attacks so that the enemies were in range. I imagine that comes with practice.

I'll keep playing and let you know how I get on. I also saw that you've started an Indiegogo to finish the game - I'll expect I'll back you after playing a bit more.
Last edited by Pongo; March 26th, 2019 at 00:03.

Pongo

SasqWatch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

March 26th, 2019, 22:58
There are loads of positives about this game, but I've got to be honest - I'm finding the respawning enemies off-putting.

Pongo

SasqWatch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Tags
android game, dungeon crawler, old school, rpg
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Moonshades: a dungeon crawler RPG