Gothic 3 Entire town of Faring attacking me!?!?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
What the hell?? All the sudden the entire town of Faring is becoming hostile to me now! I just recently visited Faring for the first time and haven't even explored the town yet. The first Orc I see says "someone is killing our people", I can make an excuse the first time he says it, but then he immediately says it again and trying to make an excuse or bribe him doesn't work. Haven't killed any Orcs in that area, what the hell is going on?

the key is "that area". i've mentioned this to others before, because the same thing happened on my 2nd playthrough. it was caused by attacking some random orcs that were wandering between the border of varant and myrtana on the myrtana side. i had to go back 10 hours to find a save game before that event. you'll probably have to do the same. unnamed humanoids are almost always 'attached' to some locale and killing them can cause ramafactions far away. much like the shy deer wander, so do some npcs. also doing the gotha quests can sometimes screw things up if you're not careful.

I don't see how an encounter with Orcs at the Southern end of Myrtana could affect Faring, I've never encountered any Orcs there anyways.
I've also never fought any Orcs near Faring, with the exception of beating up the Orc commander that was holding Gorn prisoner outside of Gotha, but that was a quest event.

I'm completely stumped as to why this is happening. I went back one saved game but it still happened, I'm not going to go further back then that because it's too many hours I would have to replay.

the Orc scouts from Faring will faithfully patrol the Faring-Gotha route even after Gotha has been liberated and when they reach Gotha, they will end up fighting against the rebels. as a safeguard, i usually reload whenever i encounter this event.

Just say to the guard bite me and lure him away and kick his ass, but dont kill him, you will be fine again

Just say to the guard bite me and lure him away and kick his ass, but dont kill him, you will be fine again

Doesn't work. They same thing happens again as soon as one of the Orcs see me.

*Edit* Great news!!!! The new 1.6 patch fixes this!

Last edited:
I can't say enough good things about this latest patch, It really does bring G3 close to what it was supposed to be to begin with. Major kudos to both Spellbound, and the community that helped them, in making this patch!

I'm playing this with the 1.6 patch atm, questing around Montera no bugs or crashes so far and enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom