Dark Souls - Being Remastered

@SirJames;

I'm afraid we've gone way past the point where I can take you seriously. I'm glad you love the game - and I think it's cool that a computer game can make you feel brave.

If only I could feel something so profound based on so very little. I seem to remember something akin to that when I was a kid when I played "hardcore" and "iron man" modes and I didn't realise my time in this world is incredibly limited - and I definitely miss being able to tell myself that mastering games means something important, though I don't think I've ever been deluded enough to claim that to an adult. The ridicule of being a geek was more than enough ;)

The closest thing to something that profound I've experienced in a game as an adult is probably Alien Isolation, except it made me feel more like a coward - like you suggest that I am. Maybe that is true.

Oh, and a few games have brought me to tears because of their story telling and presentation, including Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite. But that's about it for profound reactions for my part, sadly.

Beyond not being able to take you seriously, I don't think our discussion is valuable to others. It's more than likely just in the way.

Anyway, thank you for your amusing vision of yourself - that was unusually entertaining.

But you're a bit too much of a loon for my tastes in terms of our exchanges being worthwhile - so to avoid compulsively engaging with you about something potentially interesting in the future, I will have to put you back on ignore.

Nothing personal beyond that - and I kinda like you as you do seem to have a sense of humor and you don't seem the type to carry a grudge like a few others around here.

Not sure if that matters to you, but there it is.

Have fun!

There you go again with your cowardly stealth mode!

I think you'll find I get a little silly when I'm bored and because I'm reasonably intelligent I get bored very easily. Be more funny or something? Here I am, brain the size of a planet, and all you have for me to do is open doors? Metaphorical doors to good RPG games? You could at least walk through them.

You know you've probably made more posts about Dark Souls games than I have without ever playing them. If you told me you consider whether your posts will be "valuable to others" reading and still make as many as you do then I think you're the one with the overwhelming ego. ;)

Apparently the 50% discount for owners of the game on PC isn't true. There is no discount according to Bandai Namco, although there seems to be a bit of confusion about it…
http://www.pcgamer.com/bandai-namco-on-dark-souls-pc-remaster-there-is-no-discount/
Edit: actually, reading the Bandai Namco comment on the Steam forum linked in the article, it just isn't clear. They seem to be denying the source that said there was no discount, but also saying they haven't made any announcements about any discounts either. So I guess we just don't know.

Make Dark Souls a top down, XCOM-style, turn based tactical RPG, and I'm BUYING!!!

A Remastered of Demon Souls on PC I wold understand, Dark Souls I? Nah this is just a cash gram with a few upgraded textures.

A Remastered of Demon Souls on PC I wold understand, Dark Souls I? Nah this is just a cash gram with a few upgraded textures.

I hate the term cash grab and usually argue against it. I hate to say it though, especially about my favorite franchise but you May be right. With each passing day they seem to be offering less.

You’re definitely right that it should have been demon souls. that’s the only one I haven’t played and probably would have benefited most by a remake.

I reckon if its aimed at Switch it will have downgraded textures. Nintendo hardware belongs in a toy store like it always has.

Dark Souls on PC is a great game to use "DSR" to improve the textures. It was even a feature of Durantes DSfix mod before nvidia added it as a global option in the control panel.

BTW, I heard Demon Souls had been emulated but I never looked into it.

edit:
Was thinking about DSfix and graphics, screenshots, etc when I remembered this old post!
PAH!
uQRUj2M.jpg

10 points if you can name all my gear. :)
Don't think anyone has claimed those 10 points yet!

Last edited:
BTW, I heard Demon Souls had been emulated but I never looked into it.
Yes indeed, this has been known for awhile now. HiddenX posted about it last year in August. https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37129

I don't have a blu-ray dvd player so can't really test it on my copy of the game but would certainly be curious to know if any other Watchers' have tested the more recent builds of the emulation software.

Back
Top Bottom