Arcanum - Equilibrium Rebalance Mod

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I came across a mod for Arcanum from a modder called Leonidus that rebalances every spell, item, and monster in the game. You can find the mod here with more information.

What my mod changed:

-Stats on over 500 weapons/armors/items (almost every single one)
-Stats on almost every spell
-15 spells replaced with new ones
-170 extra portraits
-Stats on almost every monster
-Important schematic changes so that good items require a special rare component, typically only found at certain parts in the game
-Follower level schemes so that they are more useful and effective
-Much, much more of course!

What my mod does:

-Makes combat actually challenging to your character at times. Some enemies are now powerful boss monsters.
-Balances combat by making as many styles viable and equal as possible (particularly magic, guns, fighter, bows, thrower, tech)
-Balances follower favoritism by making even useless followers decent. I've won games with Jayna, Weldo, Jormund, etc.
-Removes overpowered abilities or features, such as most stun/paralyze effects
-Adds purpose to previously useless things. Fancy clothes give a charisma bonus, for example.

-Overall it makes people's character build decisions actually matter. In regular Arcanum, it's all easy as hell no matter what you do. With this mod, how you develop your character determines what is harder and what is easier as you complete the game.
More information.

Last edited:
Thank you. Downloading and installing now.

Haven't played Arcanum yet, but it's on my short list of games to try in the future.

I love mods like this, though. One of the many advantages of PC gaming.

I've tried unsuccessfully to play Arcanum twice (once when it was released, once about a year ago) but couldn't get into it (guess steampunk just isn't for me). Maybe I'll give it a 3rd go with this mod.

Last edited:
I dislike this mod and if I go replay Arcanum, won't use it.
For example you can't remove stun cc and say it's a balance issue or OP. You can add immunity to that and other cc to certain mobs or pump up HP/resistances if something is too easy to kill. In any case, crowd control is an integral part of the game design so don't remove it just because you felt like it!

I do respect the hard work, but doing things just because you can doesn't mean you're doing it good/right. Just like Josh Sawyer's FO:NV aftermath balance mod aimed to make things harder, but "needed" because of crappy grinding/levelup2fast2cap design inherited from Bethesda's FO3 which he left intact.

And honestly I'd respect this even more if there weren't so much changes numbered. With that mod the game won't be Arcanum any more.

Arcanums combat animations unfortunately are very lame, compared to Fallout, so while the world is moderately interesting, tried a halfling the a human build, it ultimately drowned in boredom. Not engaging enough.

Hm ... Maybe I'll finally finish a game with a gunslinger.

Maybe you should read thread from coaster's link first?

If someone made it turn-based, I'd be all over it. (yes I know it's RTWP)

there was a huge bug fix mod someone made but he made it clear it wasn't going to rebalance anything.

I remember there were a few rebalancing mods back in the day and a level cap removal. Will this interfere with the bug fix mod?

I've tried unsuccessfully to play Arcanum twice (once when it was released, once about a year ago) but couldn't get into it (guess steampunk just isn't for me). Maybe I'll give it a 3rd go with this mod.

Tried 2/3 time, the very first parts are very tedious and the fights bad, but I haven't give it it's chance yet.

Combat is challenging enough if you play on Hard. Actually, half of the time you die on Hard due to monsters being powerful, the other half is because you stun yourself all the time. Or splice yourself in half (superstrong half-ogres are masters of this).

Combat is challenging enough if you play on Hard. Actually, half of the time you die on Hard due to monsters being powerful, the other half is because you stun yourself all the time. Or splice yourself in half (superstrong half-ogres are masters of this).

even with a sword

When I played it I made the mistake of specializing in shotguns which were nerfed so I told my buddy to take a sword when he played. He capped out at level 50 then quit playing when I couldn't walk him through the cap unlocker.

Back
Top Bottom