The Best PC Games of 2013 - @ PC Gamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
PC Gamer has kicked up a lengthy Best PC Games of 2013 article. Here's the RPG page, which is more a collection of everything they could think of than specifically the "best", but there are some interesting low-profile titles in the list. Some of the dates are definitely rubbery, so I'd wouldn't pay much attention to that.
Shadowrun Returns

Publisher: Harebrained Schemes
Release: June
Link
Lifting fantasy cliche out of the medieval era, Shadowrun sends its dwarves, elves, trolls and dragons hurtling into a cyberpunk future. However, the version of Shadowrun that made its way to PC in 2007 was hardly worthy of its name, sullying the memory of the classic turn-based RPG which had delighted console gamers some 14 years earlier. Harebrained Schemes looks to right this wrong with a loyal return to the classic series.
Dead State

Publisher: DoubleBear Productions
Release: December
Link
This turnbased survival RPG sees players struggle through a world suffering the early stages of a zombie outbreak. It might not wow visually, but there’s clearly a lot more going on under the hood. The ample talent of Brian Mitsoda (he of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines) is being applied to writing duties, weaving a rich story through the sprawling, non-linear world. There’s a lot of brutal decisions to make here at the end of the world, with players being faced with choices that defy conventional scales of morality.
Thanks, Bob!

More information.

The title is rotten, I mean… How can you say something is "the best" if it's not even released yet… Okay RPGs:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/01/2013-preview/9/

I see Dungeon Gate on the list. It's a game with savegame points. You can't save the game just anywhere and go talk to the phone, eat, sh… toilet, etc… but can save the game only on certain spots. If that's "the best" than I'm queen mother of england.

But there are definetly some promising titles on the list - some are worth of preorder so I've bookmarked the list just not to miss a possible gem. :)

It seems like a fairly good summary of what's (hopefully) coming in 2013. Some of them are bound to be delayed though, but only time will tell which ones.

gorky... hoping they won't screw it ><

as for DA3 well, times where I was eager to preorder BioWare games passed away. I will wait for so called "late reviews" with "distance from all this hype".

Bets that ign, gamespot will give it 10/10? :p

Not only I won't preorder DA3 but also there will have to be some consensus from different tastes on this very forum to persuade me to buy it. If for example both JDR and dart say it's great, then and only then I'll go for it. But if the conclusion is that DA3 is just DA2 clone or even dumber game, I'll happily toss the money elsewhere.

Not only I won't preorder DA3 but also there will have to be some consensus from different tastes on this very forum to persuade me to buy it. If for example both JDR and dart say it's great, then and only then I'll go for it. But if the conclusion is that DA3 is just DA2 clone or even dumber game, I'll happily toss the money elsewhere.

They also said risen 2 was great....

I can't find Gorky's page anywhere. Are you sure its still on?

So those 2 need to agree on something for you to buy it?

Why didn't you just say you weren't buying under any circumstances.:biggrin:

I took a look at Dungeon gate but the graphics look just awful. I didnt hear any voice-over from the gameplay I watched-reminds me of the grunting in Daggerdale

I can't believe how they think they can promote a game just by saying "Huge and expansive world to roam"

So far I am not really seeing anything I want to play this year except for maybe Dead Island 2 if it comes out. Or maybe Dawn of Legends.

Ah. They put Dragon Commander in the strategy list. That will be a good roll I hope.

They also said risen 2 was great….

They did? Didn't know that.
But if they did, they were right, Risen2 is great.

So those 2 need to agree on something for you to buy it?

Why didn't you just say you weren't buying under any circumstances.:biggrin:
Damn, I'm busted. :(

Dungeon Gate has already been released. It's been on GamersGate for weeks.

Has anybody tried this game? Is it any good?

Crap.

Bets that ign, gamespot will give it 10/10? :p

Pretty awful bet considering they gave DA2 an 8.5 and an 8 respectively. Still overrated by them, but the big gaming sites didn't give this one the near perfect scores people seem to imagine they did. At least not universally - even G4TV called it a mess and slammed the muddy story direction. Of the major English gaming outlets, I think PC Gamer is the only one that really came close to the complete rubber-stamping of a near perfect score that people seem to imagine all the sites gave it.

Back
Top Bottom