Din's Legacy - Screenshots

Anyone surprised that they look basically the same as Din's Curse and Zombasite? Decent ARPGs, but I've found them both to be pretty much the same and wouldn't be surprised if this continues that.

I'm not surprised, though I wish he would change the graphics style into something clearer with less clutter on the screen from foliage etc. I expect Din's Legacy to be more of the same, which for me is a good thing. I really enjoy the dynamic world and the timing pressure that it creates for you to hurry up already and get the quests done. It gives a huge sense of satisfaction when you save a town.

You know I tried to like his games but I just never finish them.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised, though I wish he would change the graphics style into something clearer with less clutter on the screen from foliage etc.

I don't know about less clutter, but I've tried to make collision/boundaries much more clear by using rocks, fences, and walls as the main barriers.

I might be mistaken but they look higher resolution/more detailed.

That's probably the shadows. In previous games the shadows were just projected on to the ground. In this one, we are finally using real shadow mapping. This means shadows actually cast on objects, including self shadowing, which makes it look much more detailed (at least to me).

I love all the color and detailed.

Thanks. I've moved to a more colorful look for this game (more color saturation).

Back
Top Bottom