Coronavirus (No Politics)

Yeah, the Pfizer and Moderna shots are very close apparently. 95% and 94% respectively or something like that. The Johnson & Johnson shot is 85%, but that's a single dose.
I didn't know there was one from JJ.
I thought the other one was AstraZeneca.

Is the JJ one only for the US?

It has been approved since a week or so in the EU. The vaccine was developed in The Netherlands, is bottled in the USA and the headquarters of Janssen is in Belgium. Janssen is owned by Johnson & Johnson. Obviously in The Netherlands we kind of just remember it was developed here ;)

Already controlling your mind….

We're all NPC's now, handing out quests and cryptic clues.

I had Astra Zenneca as have history of anaphylactic shocks, husband had Pfizer. he had no side effects, not even a dead arm. I felt a bit rough the next day, no worse than a mild hangover.

Excellent.

the-lost-boys-kiefer-sutherland-1271927-1370-598.jpg

I got pretty sick after my second Moderna shot, but it only lasted a day. I work in education and healthcare, both of which are approved for vaccination, so I know a lot of other people who got the shot as well. The vast majority of them were fine for both shots, except for some soreness or fatigue. I only know one other person who got unlucky like me. I'm still very happy I got it though.

For some positive anecdotal news, a colleague of mine got vaccinated while the rest of her household did not (not eligible yet). Later when someone in her household caught covid and spread it to everyone she was the only one not infected. Luckily none of her family had serious symptoms.

Not a single person in my family or friends have caught the virus all year. As for me I have always been a recluse so I'm barely around enough people to get infected.

Basically no social gatherings at bars, restaurants, or anywhere else. It works people. I still have to wait a few months for my shot. They just moved to the 50-60 age group.

Yea shots for my group, age 50 and over not other extenuating circumstances, open on 3/22 with 3/25 being the first day to start scheduling.

PS. This is Bob Ross.
[IMG]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/70/Bob_at_Easel.jpg

I think he looks disgustingly nice and happy. DS.

You didn't know who Bob Ross was? Ubiquitous on PBS.

Famous for many things

His genteel, low budget show
His quiet, comforting soft voice
His signature "Happy Little Trees"
His Permanent
His painting
His untimely death from cancer

In spite of his passing, his show has been in constant rotation and, thanks to the internet, now has an even more cult following. He has his own Twitch and Youtube channels as well.

From documentaries, I also hear he was a bit of a dictator :)

I got the second Pfizer shot about a month ago. First shot was fine, second shot was horrible and I got the chills real bad. The next day I could hardly function. After that I was fine - I don't think I could take a month of that.

The JJ shot is a real breakthrough. Although technically less effective, the success of a single shot and the fact that it can be stored at normal temperatures for medicine means it can be distributed a lot easier.

In Canada, there was a major policy screwup and the gov't there gambled on the Chinese vaccine and had to cancel leaving them months behind. I believe they've ordered Astra Zeneca vaccines as well as worked out a deal to get extra JJ vaccines as well. There's a three day quarantine for all foreign travelers (except truckers) regardless if they've been vaccinated or not which is not going over well.

My brother got it real bad a few months ago but he survived it. He's a radio DJ and gives his testimony here

https://www.cfnrfm.ca/2020/12/15/covid-19-steves-personal-experience/

I got the second Pfizer shot about a month ago. First shot was fine, second shot was horrible and I got the chills real bad. The next day I could hardly function. After that I was fine - I don't think I could take a month of that.

I hope my father doesn't go through that. He's not in good health to begin with.

We just got back from getting him his first shot. It ended up being the Pfizer vaccine despiite us being told previously that it was going to be Moderna.

Got my Astra Zeneca jab yesterday. No reactions so far. My wife had the Pfizer one a few weeks ago and she had no reaction either. Still it is a bit of a relieve that we have probably got some protection against Covid-19 making us seriously ill or killing us. Though this does not mean we will be painting the town red - still in lockdown.

I would like to be a recluse but my wife has other ideas.

Feeling a bit more hopeful today.

I'm happy to hear a lot of people are finally getting their vaccines!

In Sweden we got the bad news that we will get a lot fewer doses than planned for the next months, which is a bummer. Non essential hospital staff were supposed to be next, but now our shots are going to be used to make sure the vulnerable people are protected. Which is good, but I'm a bit disappointed and am getting impatient to get a somewhat normal life again.

New study on the effects of lockdown on mental health:

I was going to tell a joke about corona virus but there's a 99.98% chance you won't get it so I don't think I'll bother.

Some bad news about the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

Link - https://www.statnews.com/2021/03/23...mation-in-announcing-covid19-vaccine-results/
U.S. health officials raised concerns early Tuesday that positive results that AstraZeneca announced Monday for its Covid-19 vaccine may have been based on “an incomplete view of the efficacy data” from a clinical trial and relied on “outdated information,” throwing another curveball in the saga of the company’s vaccine.

In a statement issued soon after midnight Tuesday morning, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said it had been informed about the data questions by the data and safety monitoring board auditing the trial. DSMBs consist of independent medical experts who review data produced from clinical trials.

“We urge the company to work with the DSMB to review the efficacy data and ensure the most accurate, up-to-date efficacy data be made public as quickly as possible,” NIAID said.

Just to add something positive about the pandemic: My son, who is a careful type of person, has had to learn to enter school and be on different activities without us parents. Which has helped him grow and be more confident. :)

Back
Top Bottom