ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Update Version 0.8.1 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Update Version 0.8.1

Default ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Update Version 0.8.1

May 9th, 2021, 23:05
Redglyph spotted an update for ATOM RPG: Trudograd:

April Update ver. 0.8.1

Greetings, friends!

Today we would like to introduce you to ATOM RPG: Trudograd's 4th content update!

We have added unique missions for both factions, the police and the revolutionaries; we have added new side quests and characters to already existing locations; as well as new maps and even secrets.

Based on your feedback, we are also continuing to work on combat mechanics. For example, depending on the type of encounter, your opponents will now coordinate their actions more often, creating problems for the player character not only using their overwhelming numbers or high skills and stats, but also through the ability to work in teams.

In addition, we have revised the difficulty of some story-related battles and we hope that this will have a positive impact on the gaming experience of our community.

Also, we want to show you the ballistics mechanics which are currently under development and were announced earlier. The main idea of ​​this mechanic is that bullets and projectiles fired from firearms and crossbows can now pierce through not only the first target, but also the one behind it.

For us, this mechanic is a big step forward, so we really want to get your opinion on this innovation. And don't forget that your opponents can do everything you can!

In general there are a number of additions to improve the gaming experience:

1. Now you can safely move from point to point on the Global Map, because to enter any location you will now need to confirm your choice with the "Enter" button.
  2. Some temporary locations like the Cult Lair, etc. will receive an approximate difficulty level marker, ranging from 1 to 5 stars. The more stars, the more difficult the location and the battle on it will be. At the moment this system is static, but in the future it will hopefully be directly tied to the level of your character.
  3. We have moved the shortcut keys for the actions "Information", "Steal", "Lockpick", "Repair" and so on, following the example of the original ATOM. These actions are available on the numeric keypad using keys 1 through 4.
A complete list of changes included in the update is available below:

• Continued storylines for the Revolutionaries and the Police;
  • Added 5 new locations;
  • Added characters and quests for existing locations (Police, Docks, Factory, Grey Corner, Mikhalych's Tavern);
  • Added several new weapon modifications;
  • Added ballistics mechanics for firearms and crossbows;
  • Fixed a number of errors that caused the console to pop out;
  • Fixed behavior of special armor in cases when it runs out of fuel;
  • Fixed a bug with transferring Hexogen's characteristics when transferring progress from ATOM;
  • Fixed a bug that made it impossible to interact with the radio on leaving the location;
  • Fixed a bug where the player could kill Francis Liao without consequence;
  • Fixed a logic error when companions healed spiders during battle at the "Underground testing area" location;
  • Fixed a bug where companions changed their location after reloading a save;
  • Opening videos now play correctly on Windows 7;
  • Fixed a number of minor bugs.
[…]

ATOM RPG - Devtalk #2 (Eng)

loading…

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)

May 9th, 2021, 23:19
It's great to see all the work they are putting into this, its a real gem of a game.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

May 9th, 2021, 23:24
Agree to bad it wont be finished till September though.
--
Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)

May 9th, 2021, 23:36
Too bad, indeed. Well, it's not too far now. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one, they did a great job with the 1st game.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)

May 10th, 2021, 01:52
Shall we play Trudograd wholly after we finish ATOM RPG *or* will it be integrated into the main game?
--
Sou tricolor de corao!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

May 10th, 2021, 02:01
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
Shall we play Trudograd wholly after we finish ATOM RPG *or* will it be integrated into the main game?
It's a completely different game like the old way of releasing expansions in the early 2000's. You import your save from Atom and continue the story of the first game.

To put it in a simpler way you do not need the main game to play.
--
Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)

May 10th, 2021, 03:40
I still really need to get around and play Atom one of these days. Sooner rather than later I think!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

May 10th, 2021, 05:25
I haven't played ATOM since it was in still in EA. It's probably a significantly different game now. I keep saying saying I'm going to play it, but, ya know.. that backlog.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)

May 10th, 2021, 09:13
@Carnifex, I must remind you to finish Pathfinder first

Just teasing, and I'm another victim of backlog. Actually I've played ATOM RPG for about 25 hours recently, and while I have finished the first Pathfinder (months after starting it), I still have to finish this one. Resources are so scarce and encounters manage to deplete the little I have, it's putting me off a bit.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

May 10th, 2021, 09:19
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
Resources are so scarce and encounters manage to deplete the little I have, it's putting me off a bit.
ATOM can be pretty tough in the early going. At least that's how I remember the EA being. It's worth looking up character builds imo. I felt like Dex was the most useful attribute and that ranged weapons were generally superior to melee by far.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
+1:

May 10th, 2021, 10:22
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
ATOM can be pretty tough in the early going. At least that's how I remember the EA being. It's worth looking up character builds imo. I felt like Dex was the most useful attribute and that ranged weapons were generally superior to melee by far.
My character is probably not very well made. Ideally I should restart, now that I have a better feeling, and looking up builds is always a good idea as you said. But I don't feel like starting over right now, it's getting better after a few levels.

Ranged weapons are good but they're expensive in resource. My char was based on that initially but I have to make do with melee whenever I can survive with it (and that's expensive in healing). That's what makes the game interesting, of course

EDIT: you should give it another go, it's worth it IMO

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

May 10th, 2021, 20:40
I think a key to have an easier time playing Atom RPG is to get the companions as early as possible.

With one or two companions, there are a lot of near impossible fights that become much easier.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
+1:

May 10th, 2021, 22:20
I went melee focused in ATOM. It was very hard but I never liked relying on ammo. I let the companions do ranged though.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

May 10th, 2021, 22:23
Thank you for reminding me this is on my back log.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Update Version 0.8.1