Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Review @ TechRaptor - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Review @ TechRaptor

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Review @ TechRaptor

September 11th, 2021, 15:50
Originally Posted by purpleblob1 View Post
I wouldn't compare WotR to PS:T but I would say WotR is the best RPG since BG2 for me
Me neither, they are different games, but the NPC interactions in WotR are really great.

Telstar

CRPG lover

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

September 11th, 2021, 16:22
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Sure, but NWN (and probably most of the rest of the games you're referring to) wasn't isometric, it had a 3D perspective. The quote from the article is: "A lot of it comes down to upgrades to the design. I mentioned previously that the addition of a 360° camera control was both innovative and frankly a long-needed addition to isometric RPGs." As people have pointed out, there actually have been isometric RPGs that had rotatable cameras…although not a whole lot of them.
I don't think that's very important, let's not get lost in semantics.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)

September 11th, 2021, 16:43
Having lots of fun with the game. Not too far in though, taking my time. This will be real long play. Probably will start over anyway, till Im really content with my character.

Andrew23

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

September 11th, 2021, 18:23
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
To say it makes the game more modern and that it changes the experience a lot is probably stretching it a bit though.
No, I agree with the reviewer this time.
Rotating camera was the biggest improvement that "isometric" CRPGs got in the last decade. it DID change the experience to me.

Telstar

CRPG lover

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

September 12th, 2021, 19:25
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post
No, I agree with the reviewer this time.
Rotating camera was the biggest improvement that "isometric" CRPGs got in the last decade. it DID change the experience to me.
I can't say it made much of a difference at all to me. In fact, sometimes I find it more of a distraction than anything.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Review @ TechRaptor