Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help - Page 24 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

September 23rd, 2021, 21:17
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I'll add +1 to this.

Switching to legend from any other possible myth path, regardless if you were lich, swarm, anything, I say okay, do it, why not.
But switching to anything else from Azata?
It's a sin!
@purpleblob1 @joxer

Oh aye I thought about it a lot since then and realized a whole bunch of arguments on why switching would be bad and that just because X says I should doesn't mean I should.

Some spoilers in regards to the Mythic Legend (mortal) path below and Azata and Aivu:

Spoiler

Now in regards to what I learned about the story, the powers you get, and the paths - so bigger spoilers although I haven't gotten very far into chapter 5 myself - only the start. Mostly my thoughts on what I wanted to be able to say to a certain someone if I could have. Instead had to say it in my head … and here lol.

Spoiler

Well another ramble. I am so glad the weekend is almost here so I can fully dive into chapter 5 and see what comes next. So excited to learn more!
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2021, 21:31
Pladio do please clear the rumors that Aeon can convert certain person (sideswitcher) into an actual companion. Some sources say yes, some no, but they all agree in one thing that only Aeon specific dialogue can persuade that person into returning back.
I'd do it myself but I need to do the lich playthrough, don't have time for Aeon too.

I'm assuming this is much later into the game ?

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2021, 23:48
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
Some spoilers in regards to the Mythic Legend (mortal) path below and Azata and Aivu:

Spoiler
I saw a screenshot regarding this on discord yesterday and I was horrified - I had to ping one of the CMs and ask why this must happen (so cruel).

And here's the good news:

Spoiler

Regarding the legend vs other mythics:

Spoiler

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

September 24th, 2021, 00:34
Oh good news thanks @purpleblob1 … also on a side note did some Ember quests and chapter 5 and … changing my mind on her. The surprise guest blew my socks off and was too funny. Lobo had a lot of fun teaser that person with the new title. So … Ember is growing on me

So excited to see what comes next. I can see I won't be doing a whole lot this weekend besides playing.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 24th, 2021, 02:43
Oh good news thanks @purpleblob1 … also on a side note did some Ember quests and chapter 5 and … changing my mind on her. The surprise guest blew my socks off and was too funny. Lobo had a lot of fun teaser that person with the new title. So … Ember is growing on me

So excited to see what comes next. I can see I won't be doing a whole lot this weekend besides playing.
I assume that you saw Ember:

Spoiler

purpleblob1

Princess

September 24th, 2021, 12:34
Some kind of late tip, but I just remembered when loading my old save (hoping that the ending slides have been fixed, will let you know soon).

When you perform a full attack action, in turn-based mode it causes your turn to end prematurely. This is bad if you had swift actions that you wanted to use before that. Normally you can use them before the attack, but I sometimes forgot to do that, so to prevent that, there is an option under turn-based combat that prevents turns from being ended when the character's full actions have been spent.

Turning that option on helps especially if as me, you have characters with useful swift actions that you might want to hold to use after your attack, or you simply forgot to use before (ie, Lay on Hands).

Nereida

Fallen Aasimar

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

September 24th, 2021, 14:56
Thanks, that is very useful for Fallout sidequest with mandatory TB fight.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 223 Post(s)

September 24th, 2021, 17:06
1.0.6 just dropped on Steam. Enjoy
https://store.steampowered.com/news/…71576037572131

Nereida

Fallen Aasimar

September 24th, 2021, 17:15
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
1.0.6 just dropped on Steam. Enjoy
https://store.steampowered.com/news/…71576037572131
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

September 24th, 2021, 17:18
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
What? It's a good patch!

Nereida

Fallen Aasimar

September 24th, 2021, 17:18
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
What? It's a good patch! It fixes some of the game-breaking bugs they created with the last one!

Nereida

Fallen Aasimar

+1:

September 24th, 2021, 19:57
Shrine of the Three - Worst quest ever created in the history of gaming. Not only are you stuck in the mind-numbing, soul-sucking turn-based mode with no way out but the entire design of the fight was clearly made by a devil from hell with the focus on trying to find the most un-fun ever way to design a combat.

In all my years of gaming this is easily the worse designed fight ever.
--

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 24th, 2021, 20:04
Shrine of the Three - Worst quest ever created in the history of gaming. Not only are you stuck in the mind-numbing, soul-sucking turn-based mode with no way out but the entire design of the fight was clearly made by a devil from hell with the focus on trying to find the most un-fun ever way to design a combat.

Is that the quest designed by, err, a 3rd-party?

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)

September 24th, 2021, 20:30

IMO it wasn't worse than Blackwater (prepatch).
Luckily I had two dimension door spellcasters with me to disable traps fast - Lann sniping was crucial in destroying trashmobs.
To me the whole thing apart from water problems story, dwellers, overseer and other Fallout references was pretty much mediocre.

I have no idea why devs decided to enforce TB there. It's not like they disable TB in some quest for people who play the whole game turnbased.
Trolling the audience?
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
Is that the quest designed by, err, a 3rd-party?
Dunno, but wouldn't surprise me if it is.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

September 24th, 2021, 20:44
I used Lann who has DD and moves fast - he and Lobo (in wolf form) disabled things but it was still a long drawn out annoying fight with all the mirror images and healing. So glad its done.
--

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:

Default Galfrey…is here?!

September 24th, 2021, 22:27
Maybe someone can help answer this - looks kind of suspcious to me

This is late in the game€

Spoiler – spoilers ahead

I don't see this mentioned in the mini-patch that dropped today.

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

September 24th, 2021, 22:34
That is some serious bug.
When you return from abyss the queen is in Iz playing dungeons&dragons.
She cannot be in Drezen.
It has nothing to do with your powers but the game did not end the chapter 4 properly.

Can't suggest previous save as abyss city is not some small area to clear and there is no guarantee this bug won't hit again.
Go see what does she want now and continue playing as nothing happened, maybe it sorts itself.

I had another one when I returned.
I thought I might as well rest first, then go climb up to Drezen.
When I hit rest, the game teleported me inside the city on the crusade table with Irabeth telling me some unrelated nonsense, wtf.
I reloaded and proceeded with no resting till I reached the HQ on foot.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:

September 24th, 2021, 22:42
That is some serious bug.
When you return from abyss the queen is in Iz playing dungeons&dragons.
She cannot be in Drezen.
It has nothing to do with your powers but the game did not end the chapter 4 properly.

Can't suggest previous save as abyss city is not some small area to clear and there is no guarantee this bug won't hit again.
Go see what does she want now and continue playing as nothing happened, maybe it sorts itself.

I had another one when I returned.
I thought I might as well rest first, then go climb up to Drezen.
When I hit rest, the game teleported me inside the city on the crusade table with Irabeth telling me some unrelated nonsense, wtf.
I reloaded and proceeded with no resting till I reached the HQ on foot.
Hm . . . I also rested after I returned? Didn't end up on the table with Irabeth , but maybe resting breaks something . . . I ran into a nasty Balor and aftrer it murdered my party decided we needed to rest to be on full strength to tackle it (still killed one person …ouch! *smack*smack*lash*smack*lash*smack . . . etc) 60hp, 80hp, 60hp . . ) etc.

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

September 25th, 2021, 00:32

It is and guess what?

Spoiler

Originally Posted by booboo View Post
Hm . . . ¦I also rested after I returned? Didn't end up on the table with Irabeth , but maybe resting breaks something . . . I ran into a nasty Balor and aftrer it murdered my party decided we needed to rest to be on full strength to tackle it (still killed one person …ouch! *smack*smack*lash*smack*lash*smack . . . etc) 60hp, 80hp, 60hp . . ) etc.
? You shouldn't end up on the war table after rest unless there is visitor for you - always should spawn at your bedroom.

Yeah some fights in chap5-6 are so overtuned :

purpleblob1

Princess

September 25th, 2021, 00:32
boboo… Balor?
Wait.

What was the last thing you did before this?
You are supposed to be attacked by balor BEFORE you go to abyss city, not after you return from it.
After you kill that balor, before you go to abyss city, the queen does tell you something, you know, such vomitinducing lines you can only comment with:
"bitch, please."
Sadly, that line is not in the game.

If the queen… Says something you keep company of supernatural beings and don't lead the crusade appropriately, don't worry, that's not a bug.
Is the big angel with you or not?

Originally Posted by purpleblob1 View Post
It is and guess what?

Spoiler
LOL
No wonder a trolling attempt from them resulted in sheer mediocrity.
Will they ever get past trolling level amateur?
I mean they're stuck on the beginner level for more than 10 years now.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help