Three games you most want remade

Ultima Underworlds; Ultima 7 Pts 1&2; Gothic 2 with NoTR and as a bonus PS:T!! :)

I tried to think of 3 but I am not a fan or remakes - games, books, movies, really much of anything. Don't remake make something new instead or at least create an expansion or add-on or new addition of some sort.

Remakes are like reheated pizza, I prefer it when it comes fresh out of the oven not three days later pulled from the fridge and nuked in a microwave.

Legacy of the Ancients: It's an EA game from the late 80's.
Amberstar: I'd love to see this in a modern engine, just dropping the grid-based movement part.
The Magic Candle: preferably the whole series.

I would have picked MM3-8 but somebody beat me to it. I dropped 3-5 a few years ago just because they just got too old.

Sid Meier's Covert Action
Midwinter

A third choice doesn't leap to mind. Maybe U7 in a 3D engine a la Skyrim or perhaps iso like Pathfinder/D:OS. The X-Wing series is a good choice. There's actually been a modern graphics overhaul of X-Wing or TIE Fighter released just recently.

My three games, most of all in order to get them running on modern computers and OS'es:

1. Chronomaster.
2. Lemmings (like Alrik suggested)
3. Alice (the first one).

pibbuR who admits none of these are RPG's.

Last edited:
I would like the Dark Sun games remade in the Baldurs Gate 3 engine but with a homebrew D&D ruleset.

Betrayal at Krondor I would like to see remade with the same plot and story but presented first person like Cyberpunk 2077 all the way through. I really want to feel like I'm in Feist's world. But I would like a turn based combat system in the game - the camera would pan out to isometric as I want a tactical view for party combat.

I want to see Gabriel Knight 1 remade like LA Noire in that you go around the city locations on your bike and feel like your there. Gameplay would be expanded somewhat in that you can go to bars and clubs, parks etc but the plot would be the same. Plus I would like the conversation system to feel natural and immersive but not so hackneyed as they did it in LA Noire ; it was still a step in the right direction through.

Honourable mentions:

-I would like Alpha Centauri to get a better UI but keep everything else the same more or less except maybe AI.
-Return to Castle Wolfenstein in Unreal Engine 5
-Games like Quake, Hexen, Heretic with ray tracing upgrade because that completely transformed Quake 2 for me.

10. the King's Quest game before the last one, runnable on modern PCs

Kings Quest VII? That is runnable using ScummVM.

Lots of great examples here :)

Lemmings, though? Nah, that's perfect as it is - though you obviously need to play the Amiga versions.

Not sure I understand the "I don't like remakes" concept, but that's cool. I mean, of course, if the alternative to remaking a classic was another future classic - that would be one thing.

But I think we all know what most alternatives are like. Especially when it's the big boys with cigars remaking games - like the upcoming Dead Space.

I mean, would I rather have another standard EA funded game - or a modern version of a favorite game (DS is not my favorite game, but you get my point)?

---

Anyway, a few more games I'd love to see modern versions of:

Hidden and Dangerous
Jagged Alliance 2
Captive
Xenomorph
Warlords 3 DLR

Jagged Alliance 1
I think JA2 is still well playable, JA1 with its lower resolution hurts a bit more. But to me it always had the more interesting setup, where you had to clear all zones instead of just a few cities and bases. Also in comparison to JA2 you also had "stealth levels", you could use "listen in" to conversation of enemy guards, and I preferd the whole Melange cenario over just going into mines.

Dark Sun - Shattered Lands
Might be the D&D game with the coolest scenario and one of the few isometric D&D Games which is actually turn based. I think it would do fine after some polish of graphics and interface.

Not sure yet about a third game ;)

Lots of great examples here :)

Lemmings, though? Nah, that's perfect as it is - though you obviously need to play the Amiga versions.

Is it possible to run that on Window using an emulator, if such a thing exists? And how would I get an Amiga version of the game? (I bought all the original DOS versions, so I probably won't mind downloading it from an "abandonware" site).

pibbuR who admit he's ignorant

PS.. I hereby include Xenomorph on my list. DS.

Is it possible to run that on Window using an emulator, if such a thing exists? And how would I get an Amiga version of the game? (I bought all the original DOS versions, so I probably won't mind downloading it from an "abandonware" site).

pibbuR who admit he's ignorant

PS.. I hereby include Xenomorph on my list. DS.

Yeah, it's definitely possible and relatively easy if you don't mind messing around a bit with settings and such.

The most prominent Amiga emulator would be: UAE.

There are countless versions and other ways to run Amiga games - but I won't drown you in them right now.

You can download one of the prominent versions of the emulator from:
https://fs-uae.net/

You can download the game from: https://www.oldgames.sk/en/game/lemmings/download/5424/

You're going to need a Kickstart ROM for the emulator (think of it as the bootstrap core of AmigaOS) - and if I'm not mistaken, then Lemmings was designed for Kickstart 1.3.

I won't post a link to that one, as it's not considered strictly legal (sort of a grey area) - but it's very easy to google and find it.

Personally, I'm not a big "legal" or "law" person. I tend to go by what I think is fair and reasonable.

Anyway, hope it helps :)

Are you familiar with NewDark? No raytracing or anything quite so modern, but it pushes the original engine well beyond where it could originally go and most of the FMs (fan missions) take advantage of it.

I am, but like you said, it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I want all modern bells and whistles, crank up the dynamic lighting to eleven and add a sprinkle of ray-tracing.

Dark Heart of Uukrul. A true classic.

Might and Magic II. My favorite M&M game, even though I'm the only one that thinks that.

Everquest. Now that would be a great time if done right.

Battle Brothers. Pretty new but I want to see a BB II.

Gold Box games. Classic D&D adventures.

Great thread idea.
3. Evil Islands: This game was and still is amazing, a true hidden gem....

Hell yeah, Evil Islands was/is a great game! It's on GOG, and I of course own it, but of course I havent played it since I got it :) https://www.gog.com/game/evil_islands

As for me, it's gotta be
1. Myth II: Soulblighter
2. Battlezone II: Combat Commander
3. Majesty

Lemmings was a lot of fun! :D

I probably wouldn't be interested by a remake of those games anymore, but there were many simple and fun games like that, Manic Miner, Loderunner, Worms, Paradroid, Spy vs Spy, ...

I tried to install that lemmings from Microsoft but apparently you need windows 8. Windows 8! For Lemmings! Arghhh!!!

I'll just play my old version then but I found that 'restriction' amusing for an old dos/amiga game.

Back
Top Bottom