Bioshock - Daily Wrapup

Last edited:
People at Qt3 are already calling for Starforce to come back because it´s the lesser evil. :p

The Steam version is censored for German customers. -> disqualified
And only allows 2 activations !? On Steam?! -> diqualified again.

The retail version demands activation. -> tolerable
And can only be installed two times ?! -> disqualified.

Seems I won´t be playing Bioshock anytime soon.

Oh come on. What do you want, then? This demo was one of the most well done demos I've ever seen, and of course it doesn't invite you to the whole experience. I feel the demo understates what this game will really be, but I've seen intelligent, chaotic battles with excellent environments, the likes of those I haven't seen in years in any game. Whatever game genre you like, you have to respect this, or you're dead inside. That's my opinion.

You know, I'm not saying I don't like the game or that Bioshock is a bad game. I don't have a problem with Bioshock, I have a problem with all the reviews that seem to pretend that something absolutely groundbreaking is offered to us - in the scores, but also in the almost uncritical praise of the game. I can understand that partly, at least when it comes to the XBox-Version of the game. But let's be objective for one moment - the PC saw games like Deus Ex, Thief, and System Shock.

I'll have to agree with you here.

Technologically the game is great (UE3 is quite a piece of work,looks great
runs flawlessly, at least for this demo). The Art direction is great, very good
atmosphere, fun gameplay. I'd buy it if it wasnt for the install limit

But what is so special about it ?! what makes it so much better than say
STALKER or any other good shooter, apart from the technology part ?
Must be something not in this demo...

Still I would have greatly enjoyed this methinks... Perhaps I'll wait for a suitable
crack that will allow me to exercise my fair use rights and then buy...

Martinoo(Valve) said:
SecuRom limits Bioshock installations to 2 hardware configurations at the same time. If you want to install BioShock on a third computer using the same Steam account, you have to uninstall one of your previous installations('Delete local content').
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589874&page=2

Sounds like unlimited installs, but not more than two active at a time. That I could live with.

How desensitized we have become. Electrocuting people and then smashing their brains in with a big wrench is not worthy of a M rating? But I digress...

Then I have no idea what was presented in the demo ... because the first couple of hours have been pretty clearly a heavy M experience.

That's not what I meant. Since it came at the start was the reason I was surprised. What I'm saying is I'm disappointed it is an M game. That part of it didn't get publicity unlike in Fallout.

I thought you knew me by now Mike. I dislike most M games as actually being IM. Its what I about disliked Doom and Mortal Kombat when they came out.

I thought you knew me by now Mike. I dislike most M games as actually being IM. Its what I about disliked Doom and Mortal Kombat when they came out.
Missed the original, saw the quote ... responded to that.

as per the other thread (I think there are 5 going on this right now) 2K has responded to the the new SecureROM complaints finally

Administrator

hey guys,

first, let me say this. you DO NOT NEED TO USE THE INTERNET EVERY TIME YOU PLAY THIS GAME. it is only the first time.

second, you can uninstall and reinstall this game, and if, by chance, you have 2 computers you want to simultaneously play this game on, you also can do that.

if by some chance you are reinstalling this game without uninstalling it first, a lot, there is a chance you may have to call securom and get a key, or deactivate some older installations.

but if you upgrade your hardware next week, you'll still be able to play the game. if you revamp your system and need to reinstall bioshock, just uninstall it before you go through the overhaul, and then do your reinstall.

calling it "hardware fingerprinting" is a bit alarmist. we do not transmit any of your data to any companies.

really, the only people who will be concerned about any of these security measures are those who are rapidly putting bioshock on many pcs... if you use the game as you normally do, you won't notice this at all.

I think we should consolidate these threads. We're getting spillover and redundancies.

But hey, it's highly entertaining.

Great doublespeak by 2K Elizabeth. The consensus seems to be to find a way to crack as soon as a good one is available but for the poor shlob who doesn't understand that buy yourself a 360.

As my buddy put it this game has gone from Game of the Year to Fiasco of the Year.

The Widescreen issue is explained in quite a lot of detail here:

http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/home.html

In summary its not that its broken, they are claiming its different. I don't understand it myself.

Back
Top Bottom