Pillars of Eternity II - Survey on Turn-Based Mode

You're seriously labeling me as unreasonable for wanting to play an unbugged game 8-9 months after launch.

Which bug are you referring to? You keep talking about a balance change as if it was a bug.

Well, even if they use the information garnered by the survey to launch future games as turn-based, maybe they'll do the reverse and put in pause play after the initial release. I do admire their efforts to please both sides of the isle.

Which bug are you referring to? You keep talking about a balance change as if it was a bug.

AOE weapons not applying certain effects on things other than the initial hit is what he's talking about I believe. That's a real bug introduced in their January patch which also added the beta Turn-Based mode.

If people didn't want to get the turn-based beta changes, they probably should have blocked updates of the Jan patch. People can always check if they can revert patching in GOG/Steam.

If people didn't want to get the turn-based beta changes, they probably should have blocked updates of the Jan patch. People can always check if they can revert patching in GOG/Steam.

It wasn't a "beta" patch. Only the turn-based addition was notated as beta within the game itself. As far as I've seen, you can't revert version changes with PoE 2 within the Steam client.

The irony in this is that I had been somewhat looking forward to a patch at the time to fix a weapon "Last Word" broken in the prior patch. So, they fixed that weapon and broke something else entirely (something far more paramount to my main character's gameplay).

Patch history:
  • Release game with non existent difficulty and bugs.
  • Better the difficulty, fix some of the bugs. Create some more.
  • Rebalance and nerf the game into a bland homogeneous stew.
  • Fix some more. Break some more.
  • New TB gameplay. Break some more.

Whereas I've previously derided Obisidian's Q/A, I am now convinced they have none. It's amateur hour over there.

It wasn't a "beta" patch. Only the turn-based addition was notated as beta within the game itself.

The turn-based is beta and tied to the rest of the game, it might not have been called a beta patch but it pretty much was.

If you really can't wait to continue playing, there is always the respect option.

If you really can't wait to continue playing, there is always the respect option.

Rather play ATOM or catch up on some Critical Role to be honest. There is so much media content these days that I personally have little patience for chronically bugged games.

My beta comment was in reference to you saying it was possible to simply opt out of the patch. It was not, not on Steam at least.

I'll be curious to see how well this "both combat systems" approach works, once they've hashed it out. I'd have thought that you'd decide on the combat system early on in development, and then that would influence other design decisions down the line, in ways that aren't so easily switchable to another system.

Back
Top Bottom