Sekiro - Launch Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The launch trailer for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

Take revenge by any means necessary. Become the "One-armed Wolf" and rise from every fall when Sekiro(tm): Shadows Die Twice releases on 3.22.2019.

Winner of "Best of gamescom" and "Best Action Game" at gamescom 2018, Sekiro(tm): Shadows Die Twice is the next adventure from developer FromSoftware, creators of Bloodborne and the Dark Souls series.

Explore late 1500s Sengoku Japan, a brutal period of constant life and death conflict, as you come face-to-face with larger than life foes in a dark and twisted world.

Unleash an arsenal of deadly prosthetic tools and powerful ninja abilities while you blend stealth, vertical traversal, and visceral head-to-head combat in a bloody confrontation.

Take Revenge. Restore Your Honor. Kill Ingeniously.

Available 3.22.2019 https://www.sekirothegame.com/buy
More information.

Is it just me, or do FromSoftware's games seem to come out at a remarkable pace?

I would love to play a realistic katana based combat game - monsters or not with all sorts of Japanese weapons. This ain’t it.

For you, probably not. For me, absolutely.

I thought you were unhappy that it didn't have more RPG elements like stats, classes and levelling up etc (unless I'm misremembering things!)? What changed your mind?

I'm a big dark souls fan so I'd like to be persuaded about it, but I'm under the impression this is more of a straight up action game. I'd be interested in views from anyone that plays it though.

Last edited:
From Software is straight-up calling it more an action game than Dark Souls or Bloodborne. They have purposely stepped away from RPG on this one.

I thought you were unhappy that it didn't have more RPG elements like stats, classes and levelling up etc (unless I'm misremembering things!)? What changed your mind?

I'm a big dark souls fan so I'd like to be persuaded about it, but I'm under the impression this is more of a straight up action game. I'd be interested in views from anyone that plays it though.

I’m still disappointed that it wont be souls like or have many rpg elements, but that doesn’t mean it cant still be a good game in its own right.

Why is it a day 1 purchase for me?

I play all different genres of games not just rpgs. So it being an action adventure game is ok with me. Plus, from software didn’t try to mislead me. They came out immediately saying it was an action adventure game, would be a departure from souls games and wont have several rpg elements. So kudo’s for that.

The biggest reason though is I’ve enjoyed every game fromsoft has put out from demon souls on. Especially thier, world building, atmosphere and combat systems. So I’m taking a flyer on fromsoft that they will deliver again in these areas. If they don’t I’ll be much more cautious with thier next title.

I hope you have a great time with it! Post your impressions please when you get the chance. If the atmosphere, exploration and world building are at their usual standard I might still give it a go.

No RPG and no multiplayer? You get a sword and a Devil Breaker arm. You might as well just play Devil May Cry 5?

If there's no items then what's your motivation for exploring? Secrets will contain nothing?

Without PvP what are you working towards for end game?

I'll probably still get it. :)

I would love to play a realistic katana based combat game - monsters or not with all sorts of Japanese weapons. This ain’t it.

How about Nioh which took 200 hours of my life to finish every damn mission in the game?

No RPG and no multiplayer? You get a sword and a Devil Breaker arm. You might as well just play Devil May Cry 5?

If there's no items then what's your motivation for exploring? Secrets will contain nothing?

Without PvP what are you working towards for end game?

I'll probably still get it. :)
I'm getting it only because it's From Software. No PvP I am happy about, it annoys me getting invaded. Not been able to summon for a boss fight however...

Combat is going to be interesting. They say if you play it like it's DS or BB you will die often. It's all about the parrying and there are three buttons for it. It's going to be hard I reckon.

What I don't understand is Sekiro is an action adventure but we cover it in RPGWatch, while Bloodborne is an action RPG, but we didn't cover it here. This is racism. PC master racism :p

Well Bloodborne is not a PC game so yes PC master race.:cool:

Doesn't matter though as I'm one of the few RPGWatch members who detests Dark Soul clones. Doesn't matter what anyone says/recommends I just cant finish those games.

Not my type of games basically.

I wish they would evolve the genre. Dark Souls as a full blown RPG with crafting, main quests, side quests etc. Basically a Gothic game with Dark Souls perfected combat.

For me at least, this is definitely a disappointment.

I was hoping From Software would go back to making more of a pure RPG (like King's Field) again. Instead, it looks like they went in the opposite direction.

I also feel disappointment this will not be RPG. On the other hand Im glad From Software departed from Dark Souls formula as I was already fed by its mechanics.

First Dark Souls I enjoyed throughoutly and finished it already on PS3, even before it was available on PC. Second one got me stuck somewhere in 2/3 of the game (on optional boss) and somehow I did not get back to it again. Third one I eneded half-way through. Didnt even get stucked, I just stopped to enjoy it. Now I have already for some time downloaded Bloodborne and dunno, I will probably not even start it.

In first game I somehow managed to maintain impression as if walking through the ruined world but since then it all started to feel artificial, like playing action puzzle. All those enemies standing in niches (probably for hundred years) just to whack somebody over head. And even the niche in the wall itself feels out of place as if its there only so undead camper can stand in it for hundred years waiting for victim. And when whole game started to feel like this, I just lost most of the interest.

Got different feel from videos on Sekiro and combat system seems quite engaging. Also there will be some upgrades for the prosthetic arm providing additional depth. So Im sold on it. Hope Im not wrong :)

Back
Top Bottom