Halo MCC on PC

Embolus

Sentinel
Fellas..

I can't be the only one rocking Gothic but still excited for the Halo games coming to PC! Who else is ready to see Halo modernized, revved up to 4K and hear that familiar orchestral intro blast through a soundbar? Not to mention the fun they were online! Personally - I'm stoked!

Here's the problem for me it will be another Universal APP on the windows store.

It will be available on Steam! I wish I could relate with your complaint, but in all honesty I don't understand your beef. Literally, what's a universal app and why does that discredit the titles?

It will be available on Steam! I wish I could relate with your complaint, but in all honesty I don't understand your beef. Literally, what's a universal app and why does that discredit the titles?
Oh thank god I was worried for a second as it's Microsoft.

Link - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/get-started/universal-application-platform-guide

What's my Beef I use the LSTB branch without the bloatware = no windows store.

State of Decay 2 on the PC is a Universal Windows Platform App game.

Link - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/state-of-decay-2/9nt4x7p8b9nb?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Well there you go I got educated and you got a functional distributor for Halo!

All I want to hear is keyboard+mouse and there is absolutely no word about it.
In some perfect world it shouldn't be a question at all, sadly, thanks to insulting ports, it is.

Last edited:
Bear in mind, though, that the LTSB build of Windows is not meant for naughty home users - it's only licensed for Enterprise use. All legit home versions of Windows would allow you to use the Windows Store.

Bear in mind, though, that the LTSB build of Windows is not meant for naughty home users - it's only licensed for Enterprise use. All legit home versions of Windows would allow you to use the Windows Store.
Well then I'm naughty as I own the bloated version then switched months later (Thanks Mr.Torrent). Haven't looked back at the other resource hog version a year later.

No Cortana, no game telemetry, and no apps I don't need & can't un-install.

(Just like WIN7 before this whole windows as a service model)

Sure, and good luck to you. All I'm saying is that of all the criticisms leveled at the Microsoft store, the fact that some people can't access it is a bit misleading - anybody running the legit versions of Windows intended for home users do have that facility.

Well I have more problems with the Windows store then just sobbing I can't access it. I hate the whole model especially the Universal App games Microsoft embraced.

Even developers hate it and most have skipped the windows storefront.

(Also have flashbacks to the failed Windows Live storefront client.):puke:

Other than the first game, are the SP campaigns worth much?

P.S. I had to actually search to see if Microsoft Store is on my PC. It's TINY and completely not worth getting some hacked up / stolen version of Windows just to not have it. As for Universal Apps, they are actually getting used quite a bit. They just aren't very good for games.

Wait what? It's mmo?!

buh-bye.

Well for the online side it makes sense but I'm only interested in the SP campaigns. Still not a hassle as I have already made and used one since the Xbox 360 days.

Like you, I'm also only interested n the SP campaigns. And I don't qualify making an Xbox account as hassle, I posted the URL above only to make things perfectly clear for everyone interested in getting those games :)

Wait what? It's mmo?!

buh-bye.
No not MMO games just the usual 12-15 hour campaigns with a focus more on MP matches. Nothing new really it's been that way for years with shooter games.
P.S. I had to actually search to see if Microsoft Store is on my PC. It's TINY and completely not worth getting some hacked up / stolen version of Windows just to not have it. As for Universal Apps, they are actually getting used quite a bit. They just aren't very good for games.
Another one who cant read my full reply and assumes it's only because of the store.:roll:

Last edited:
Not sure how I missed that announcement. I've only played the first game in the series, but I quite enjoyed it. This is a nice surprise.

Another one who cant read my full reply and assumes it's only because of the store.:roll:
I read your reply more than once. The only accusation you state is 'bloatware.'

Back
Top Bottom