What games are you playing now?

I'm finishing up How to Survive and have started looking at How to Survive 2. The graphics are a nice bump but I haven't messed with it much yet. Has anyone else played this one?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts about this. I started it twice but could not continue due to the lacking story, boring conversations and focus on interactions. I like the theme and would like to start again if I know it gets better later.

Will post the impression once I'm done with JE :)

Trying to reduce my massive Steam backlog. Currently I’m working through Wasteland 2 DC. I’ve started this one a few times since release but each time I seem to lose interest or get distracted by some other shinier game after I get to California. Just got to California again last night and am determined to see it through this time around! Wish me luck!

Bought Jade Empire this year to play for the first time myself. Definitely has some great elements, but like others I just found it too old & clunky to play for more than a few chapters.

Trouble is with games like those, is that they've been done so much better since (KOTOR, Dragon Age, Mass Effect etc.)

Still playing AC:O - and I think it's getting better and better. Definitely the best open world Ubisoft game I've played, so far.

It's a combination of the best elements of almost every modern open world game - including games like Witcher 3 and Skyrim.

The story is engaging, too.

It's like Witcher 3 with better exploration, combat, loot and progression at this point. I'd also say that Alexandria is among the most impressive locations in any game - rivaling Novigrad and the like.

I'll have to see if it keeps up being this good, but so far so good.

Still playing AC:O - and I think it's getting better and better. Definitely the best open world Ubisoft game I've played, so far.

It's a combination of the best elements of almost every modern open world game - including games like Witcher 3 and Skyrim.

The story is engaging, too.

It's like Witcher 3 with better exploration, combat, loot and progression at this point. I'd also say that Alexandria is among the most impressive locations in any game - rivaling Novigrad and the like.

I'll have to see if it keeps up being this good, but so far so good.

I put this on hold for bit but after hearing that I will need to start it again! Btw are you having CPU issues on PC? Does it run well?

I put this on hold for bit but after hearing that I will need to start it again! Btw are you having CPU issues on PC? Does it run well?

It runs very smooth 99% of the time on max settings - but there is the occasional stutter here and there - and the most demanding areas, like Alexandria, do suffer some drops in frame rate - but it's pretty minimal overall.

I do have a decent setup, though (1080ti GPU) - and my hardware is being pushed to its limits by the game.

Bought Jade Empire this year to play for the first time myself. Definitely has some great elements, but like others I just found it too old & clunky to play for more than a few chapters.

Trouble is with games like those, is that they've been done so much better since (KOTOR, Dragon Age, Mass Effect etc.)

For then record, Jade Empire released after KOTOR and only one year before Mass Effect.

After a long off-period I recently got a craving for Bloodborne, so I started a new game. Man, this is one amazing game. Smash-your-head-against-the-wall difficulty, which makes the reward that much more fulfilling when you actually get over it, fast-paced and very rewarding gameplay (combat and exploration) and an amazing Lovecraftian story and world. Just perfect. The only thing that could make this even better would be if it ran on a PC. But whatever.

The only thing that could make this even better would be if it ran on a PC.
Some games should stay away from PC.
I'm not saying all Dark Souls clones, but that one definetly should.
:p

Some games should stay away from PC.
I'm not saying all Dark Souls clones, but that one definetly should.
:p

I'd definitely not call Bloodborne a Dark Souls clone. It's improved upon the DS formula in every way possible (imo of course). Especially story, lore and setting. It maintains the obtuse and weird storytelling of DS games, but much more coherent and consistent thematically. It's basically a cosmic-horror homage to Lovecraft. I'd in a pinch choose to have Bloodborne on PC instead of Dark Souls. It would be a real shame if Sony would not push for a Bloodborne 2.

For then record, Jade Empire released after KOTOR and only one year before Mass Effect.

Fair play, the other games did that style of RPG far better IMO though. Timeline aside, there's better examples of that same Bioware RPG setup to play.

About 5-6 hours in Jade Empire. Things get definitely more interesting from chapter 2 but I'm still finding it very underwhelming - partly because I see the same elements from KotOR, Mass Effect and even DA:O. Basically, experienced all those things before kinda feeling and I'm not finding the setting particularly interesting or well fleshed out.

It runs very smooth 99% of the time on max settings - but there is the occasional stutter here and there - and the most demanding areas, like Alexandria, do suffer some drops in frame rate - but it's pretty minimal overall.

I do have a decent setup, though (1080ti GPU) - and my hardware is being pushed to its limits by the game.

I started it again on PS4 as my brother has finished it. The gaming look absolutely amazing! Its uo there with HZD and I have to say it, I like the look of this game more so than Witcher 3 (which is an old game now). I ran the game on my 980ti on my PC with max possible settings and the PS4 Pro holds up! You really have to look deep on the PC to see the some better effects.

I started it again on PS4 as my brother has finished it. The gaming look absolutely amazing! Its uo there with HZD and I have to say it, I like the look of this game more so than Witcher 3 (which is an old game now). I ran the game on my 980ti on my PC with max possible settings and the PS4 Pro holds up! You really have to look deep on the PC to see the some better effects.

Well, I find it very, very easy to see the difference between 30 FPS locked and 100+ FPS 0 input latency GSYNC on my 1080ti ;)

That said, it does drop down to ~50-60 in the heaviest areas.

Also, since I use the bow almost exclusively, I wouldn't want to come anywhere near a controller with this game.

Well, I find it very, very easy to see the difference between 30 FPS locked and 100+ FPS 0 input latency GSYNC on my 1080ti ;)

That said, it does drop down to ~50-60 in the heaviest areas.

Also, since I use the bow almost exclusively, I wouldn't want to come anywhere near a controller with this game.

Stop showing off :p

I guess, with PS4, I am on TV and sitting bit far away. Anyway for almost all casual gaming purposes, I think consoles are more than fine in the graphics department.

I want a GSYNC monitor as well but the ultra wide versions costs well over £700+ and I won't trade an ultra wide for normal one any more. Its just so good!

Stop showing off :p

I guess, with PS4, I am on TV and sitting bit far away. Anyway for almost all casual gaming purposes, I think consoles are more than fine in the graphics department.

I want a GSYNC monitor as well but the ultra wide versions costs well over £700+ and I won't trade an ultra wide for normal one any more. Its just so good!

I don't remember what my monitor cost, but it was a bit cheaper than that.

Then again, it's only 2560 x 1080 - as I prefer performance over higher resolution.

Sure, the PS4 Pro is fine - if you like crappy FPS and controllers for your games.

Hehe, sorry - but I really think PC is vastly superior in almost every single case.

The only reason I own consoles is for the exclusives. It's an unhealthy obsession of mine that I want to have access to all games.

Then again, it's only 2560 x 1080 - as I prefer performance over higher resolution.

Mine is 3440x1442 but its not the total number of pixels that interest me but the wide aspect ratio. You actually see more of the game world and I find that immersive. Another things is that, I can't really tell the difference between say 50FPS and 100FPS!

For example, ACO was running at around 50/60 FPS on my PC but I couldn't tell the difference on the PS4 which is only 30FPS as you mentioned!

I wounder if its to do with my eye sight. Its been 3 years since I got my eyes checked lol!

Back
Top Bottom