Seven - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Seven: The Days Long Gone has released on Steam and GOG.

No man's island.

Seven: The Days Long Gone is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount until December 8, 8AM UTC.Dive into an isometric open-world RPG where you can stealth or fight your way through as the talented master thief Teriel. Roam freely across the vast prison island of Peh using guile and manipulation to decide the fate of its inhabitants but be careful: your actions might eventually s(t)eal your own fate.Go for the Digital Collector's Edition to get the Art book, a digital map of Peh, the Soundtrack, and a Guide book.

More information.

This looks kind of fun. Any reviews or Watchers with personal experience?

I plan on picking it up in the next winter sale when it hits $3 and giving it a quick look.

Steam reviews are pretty positive... some issues with controls being reported but they seem like fairly minor things that could be patched. Wishlisted for my next life when I catch up to my current game queue.

When I first heard that some former CD Projekt RED staff founded a new studio and developed an RPG I had high hopes. Unfotunately Seven became way too actiony for my taste. The vertical movement might be indeed innovative but for me it's without additional value.

I'll definitely be trying it, but I'm going to wait for a bit of patching. To me, release day just heralds the opening of the Unspoken Beta.

This actually looks interesting, I'll try and keep this one in my memory banks.

When I first heard that some former CD Projekt RED staff founded a new studio and developed an RPG I had high hopes. Unfotunately Seven became way too actiony for my taste. The vertical movement might be indeed innovative but for me it's without additional value.

What were you expecting exactly? CDPR has only made ARPG’s.

Actually like what I see. Wish you could zoom in to an OTS view but it’s not too bas in iso.

Last edited:
Wccftech review:
https://wccftech.com/review/seven-the-days-long-gone-take-it-all/
Seven: The Days Long Gone is a deep sandbox isometric RPG whose focus on stealth and impressive world design is guaranteed to suck you in. You’ll just need to be willing to put up with some rather frustrating user interface issues.

Pros
- Great stealth platforming gameplay
- Gorgeous tiered world design
- Tons of content

Cons
- Poor user interface
- Combat is a bit clumsy

8/10

erm... sandbox?
No story then?

Interesting. But it looks too platformy for my tastes.

Eh? Is it a platformer or RPG then? Those things can't mix unless you'll strip jumping/climbing/acrobatics skills from the character and delegate them to a player. Which again means it's not RPG but Assassins Creed 2.

According to my last encounter with the devs at Gamescom (https://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/seven--the-days-long-gone-preview-422.html) there is no character creation. Character progress is by means of equipment and gear and by means of a skill chip that you can equip. There are different skill chips each with more or less slots in which certain skills can be placed.
The entire character progress is apparently based on finding, stealing and getting stuff in general, so there are probably no stats.

There are 76 quests in the game. The main story has 12. There is more info in the article. It is not written very well, but it was one of those many articles I had to create in a short time. Probably has typos as well :)

Any character creation? Stats? Inventory? Loot? Quests? Main story? Side content? Etc?

I kept trying to play the first few missions, but the boring & uninpsired monologues kept me from enjoying the action. IMO, a stealth parkour game should put the narrative on the back burner, rather than having the lead engaging in dialogue, and chiming in with his opinions every ten seconds.

Back
Top Bottom