bioshock psa

I bet, there are more versions planned. Bioshock is a too promising brand to publish "only" a normal version. So 2K and Irrational will put in a little action figure in the box and voila - the Collectors Edition is born... ;)

i would like a world of rapture fishtank:)

Did 2K buy the rights to the System Shock games, or just the intellectual property? A collector's edition could contain SS1 and SS2.

I think it's EA that owns System Shock, which is why Ken 'n Crue can't make SS3. And there were rumors floating around that EA is making their own SS3. Hopefully those were just malicious rumors started by embittered FO fanbois.

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, EA still owns the rights to SS, but I've heard nothing about any SS3 and I doubt it will ever eventuate from EA!!

I've looked around some more, and vague rumors persist that one of EA's sports sim teams is currently making SS3. Still can't find anything more than second- and third-hand hearsay (or heresy, if you prefer), and passing mention of a magazine article somewhere -- which may be a reference to a confused article I vaguely recall that mistook a certain "spritual successor to system shock" as being SS3.

It does seem a sensible move on EA's part. Have one of their teams slap together a quick-n-dirty shooter, call it SS3, and have it ride the coattails of BioShock's success along with all of the guaranteed references to SS that will show up in all of the BioShock reviews. It'd be free media coverage, which is probably the most expensive part of making a game. [insert snarky remark about EA being more interested in shipping units than putting out quality product]

Still just a rumor. But it keeps circling, like a buzzard around carrion.

Yeah, John Madden's SS3, get it NOW!! :)

Back
Top Bottom