Operencia: The Stolen Sun - Combat and Puzzles

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new dev diary for Operencia: The Stolen Sun focuses on combat and puzzles.

Operencia: The Stolen Sun - Developer Diary | Puzzles and Combat

Greetings from Zen Studios! I am excited to present to you Zen's second developer diary where you will hear the personal stories from the talented team behind the creation of head-scratching puzzles to the thrilling combat constructed in Operencia: The Stolen Sun.

So, come along with me as I take you behind the scenes of this first-person dungeon crawler and discover what it took to create a couple of the core gameplay mechanics.

Lead Designer Ferenc Nagy-Szakall kicks it off by explaining the four main elements of Operencia, Puzzles and Combat being at its core. Game Designer Andras Klujber reveals a few games - some classic masterpieces for sure - that were used to inspire the unique turn-based combat system found in Operencia. Also, QA Technician Gergely Drobina reveals some challenges the team faced when trying to find the perfect balance of difficulty within the game. Finally, Game Designer/Writer Oliver Sandor shares the irony of how the puzzles he designed to be the simplest, turned out to be the most difficult for others to solve and gives you the inside scoop of who to blame if you find it difficult to conjure up all the potions at the crafting table.

You may have already marked it on your calendar, but we can't wait for you to experience Operencia: The Stolen Sun coming this Spring to Xbox One, the Epic Games store and Windows 10. Go ahead and leave comments below or reach out to us through social media. Follow the game at @OperenciaRPG on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and you can contact me personally through Twitter at @akosgyorkei.
More information.

It just looks exactly like what i wanted to play for years, a turn-based, first-person party RPG with puzzles and shit!!

I just love the look of this game.

This honesty looks like (and I'm not trying to start a conspiracy theory about it) a company that was outsourced by InXile to create the latest Bard's Tale IV, but in the end they weren't chosen by InXile and now are able to release their game they worked on. It looks so much like Bard's Tale IV it's shocking, and it just popped out of nowhere a month or two after BT4 released. Just really strange. I'm sure if this is true they've been okay'd by InXile to do this, but that's what I thought when I saw the game.

It looks promising, and the team comes across well in the interviews.

Please gimme a nudge when it appears on Steam and GOG.

Please gimme a nudge when it appears on Steam and GOG.

If they won't go bankrupt because of lack of sales until that point. I for one, am wondering the sales of other Epic Store exclusive RPG Ashen.

They probably got paid alot more than what they would have got from their expected sales, so probably they wont give a shit how much they sell on epicshitstore.

They probably got paid alot more than what they would have got from their expected sales, so probably they wont give a shit how much they sell on epicshitstore.

I think people will buy things on the Epicshitstore, though, despite claiming they won't. You, for instance, claimed that you would only pirate Metro Exodus, and not buy it, but you posted that you completed it on the 17th. It was protected by Denuvo, which wasn't cracked until several days later. I think you bought it.

Like others have stated, I'll wait until this game makes its way to great old games or steam. It does look like something that I'd truly be interested in, but not enough to go through the hassle of maintaining a third platform. I've no doubt it will eventually make its way around to other platforms, and hey, by the time that happens at least half of any bugs should be resolved! See, I even found the positive in all this =)

I think people will buy things on the Epicshitstore, though, despite claiming they won't. You, for instance, claimed that you would only pirate Metro Exodus, and not buy it, but you posted that you completed it on the 17th. It was protected by Denuvo, which wasn't cracked until several days later. I think you bought it.

Maybe he preordered the game on Steam like me? Or bought on consoles?

Nope.
Dont even have an account on their shit store.

Indeed. Had Ripper taken a look at his Steam profile, he'd have seen that porco appears to own M:E on Steam. Which still seems odd if he professed to plan on pirating the game after it was no longer available on Steam...

Game really looks good. It also has a page on Steam, but with a release date on there of 2020. So perhaps this is the M.O. for EpicGames? 1 year client exclusives. In which case I can certainly wait.

In any case, it's a pretty idiotic move on the publisher's part: blobber RPGs are incredibly niche to begin with - why limit marketability even further with a completely unnecessary exclusive launch. This practically dooms the game to failure. Save your exclusivity for mass appeal titles such as Metro Exodus.

Yup, just knowing that it will eventually come to great old games or steam is enough for me. As a matter of fact, it often takes about a year for most new games to get all the content out and resolve nasty bugs, so I'm ok with the wait. Waiting to me is far preferable than loading yet another platform on my computer.

Ive played it through family share from a friend.

I see. That was awfully fortunate to have someone keen enough to pre-order the game, yet willing to turn over the use of it on launch day. Whether bought or borrowed, though, you ended up playing the game at launch, on a legit paid-for copy, rather than the pirated version we heard so much about. I suspect that many people who swear off the Epic store will very likely open their wallets if the game they're excited for is only available there, and such fortunate options aren't available.

You're probably right but i wont be one of them; i said it many times, i dont care if a game requires 10 clients or whatever to run, i just want it on steam; but if its not on steam, will gladly pirate it if i want to play that game, just like this one. This would have been day1 buy on steam (unless it was early access) since i liked it from the first time i see it.

Back
Top Bottom