The Console-ization of PCs

Consoleization of PC meant to make the PC not horrible...and he claims that smartphones were already consoleized. WTF! What has that guy been smoking?

Malware in all its various types is endemic. Even good software comes bundled with undesirable spyware. Software applications suffer incompatibilities with each other; they suffer incompatibilities with device drivers. Programs do not uninstall cleanly, leaving detritus scattered hither and yon. They also don't upgrade consistently, with every single application having its own patching and updating infrastructure. Even when everything works, upgrading your operating system is prone to breaking it all.

How is that different from smartphones and consoles? Especially for the smartphones and malwares.

Beyond the API-level checking to get in the store, the sandboxing means that apps simply can't access things they shouldn't.

That's why apps ask to access everything on my tablet every time I'n installing something from the Google Store and if I click no, it won't install. So much security...

That article reminds me of the people that claim Apple doesn't get viruses. Just a lack of knowledge and an over simplification of facts.
Waste of the authors time.

f_8cc2b796f4.jpg

That article reminds me of the people that claim Apple doesn't get viruses. Just a lack of knowledge and an over simplification of facts.
Waste of the authors time.
More like waste of readers' time.

We're past win8/metro/touchscreen era where articles "The phoneization of PCs" would be worth reading. Microsoft failed and rarely anyone wanted to accept converting their overpowered PC into just another chinese few bucks phone.

Today worth reading would be windows store possible upcoming scandal(s?) and Microsoft's horrible Universal Windows Apps idea.
Luckily there are such ones. For example about why UWA is generally not a good idea:
http://www.pcgamer.com/why-pc-games-should-never-become-universal-apps/
This ought to really piss off Joxer. :biggrin:
Nah.
I'm actually amused with it. Feels like watching some clown show. ;)

Back
Top Bottom