RIP Prince

Ahhh, you missed a good title for the thread!

The artist formerly known as Prince:

R.I.P June 7, 1958 - April 21, 2016, the world of music was greater for him, a true legend.

Hrm, sad to see another one go.
But the connection I have to this guy is even smaller than the one to David Bowie I guess.
I have heared the Song Purple Rain at some point, but listening to it now I wouldn't actually call it very good.

So...to end this post on a more positive note: What are your favorite prince songs?

That's an excellent choice. Prince's real strength was as live performer - easily the best stage performer I ever saw. He played just about every instrument going, and was a master.

It's been a strange year. RIP Prince

pibbur whose favourite Prince tune is "Kiss"

I didn't like him at all, but he had his creativity and influence.

Purple Rain came out my freshman year and it seems like that was the only music the girls were listening to. I figured I better like more music then just The Who and Blue Oyster Cult if I was ever to start dating in the world of Prince, Michael Jackson and Madonna :) Prince was really one of the best live entertainers ever.

Plus anyone that doesn't go Hollywood and stays in Minnesota is OK in my book. Seemed like a real nice guy and he would make you pancakes for breakfast. RIP

Purple Rain is a<ctually one of my most hated songs, personally.

"Little Red Corvette" & "When Doves Cry" -- couple of sweet soul tunes he plucked out of the ether.

Thanks for the music. RIP Prince.

__

I'll never understand why - Prince.
He was King, jack of all instruments and master of them all.

RIP.

Back
Top Bottom