Dungeons of Dredmor - Gold!

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
If you've been waiting for Dungeons of Dredmore then the wait is almost over. It has officially gone gold. I'll let Nicholas the Technical Director at Gaslamp Games do the honors:
There are now zero outstanding issues on our “must fix before ship” list. We’re going to play Dredmor internally for about 24 to 48 hours, and if we don’t find anything we desperately need to fix, we now have a Dungeons of Dredmor gold master build.

Nearly there, folks – we’ll have this in your hot little hands as soon as we can. Speaking for myself: having been working on Dredmor since 2005, it is *very* odd being done.
More information.

I wonder if you guys make a review for it?
Truely curious how this game will play.

Finally. And really I want that one.
So the only question that remains: where do I buy/preorder it?

I think this late in the stage there won't be any preorders. I would guess that after the weekend if they don't find anything wrong with it then they'll have it available for purchase.

Jay Barnson did a preview of Dungeons of Dredmor

I did as well.

We also have an interview coming up very shortly with David Baumgart from Gaslamp Games.

I think this late in the stage there won't be any preorders. I would guess that after the weekend if they don't find anything wrong with it then they'll have it available for purchase.

Jay Barnson did a preview of Dungeons of Dredmor

I did as well.

We also have an interview coming up very shortly with David Baumgart from Gaslamp Games.

Thank you for the reading material !

That's good news indeed. DoD sounds like one of the best indie RPGs ever. ( to me at least. )

Fantastic, never before have I been more pleased to see why an auto-updater failed! :)

Got my $5 bill set aside on my dresser and everything~

I've been too swamped with Frayed Knights the last two weeks to play DoD more. I'm not sure how it has changed since I did the preview. Except for some impossible starting dungeon setups, I didn't really encounter any notable problems. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to playing the final version. And since they priced it ridiculously low, it's a no-brainer.

Yeah ditto, at this price this is a definite buy for me (and I want them to be so successful that Spiderweb drop their prices too ;)).

Hmm, sounds like this is going to compete with my time with the BTTF game part 5 next week. Oh, I wish I had next week off from work instead of this week.

Last edited:
I watched some of the beta on you tube last night, and I went from kind of interested, to where can I pre-order or buy this as soon as it releases.

I've played thousands of hours of Moria over the last couple of decades, and this looks to have the same old school heart, with so much more added in. Can't wait.

Okay, been too long since I played Rogue. Is a rogue-like always an underground type of game? From looking at the video, it looks like every tile is crammed with something, which makes no sense. Is this another feature of rogue-likes? Are they mostly a kill-Foozle type of game? Is the primary goal to clear the map levels? Are there typically lots of hidden doors or is everything out in the open? For $5, I can find out myself, but no use cluttering my hard drive with something I won't play. If anyone has played Monster's Den, is Dredmor similar?

If you've been waiting for Dungeons of Dredmore then the wait is almost over. It has officially gone gold. I'll let Nicholas the Technical Director at Gaslamp Games do the honors:
More information.

Is the Mac version released simultaneously with the Windows one ?
How much of a wait if not ?
Thanks!

Okay, been too long since I played Rogue. Is a rogue-like always an underground type of game? From looking at the video, it looks like every tile is crammed with something, which makes no sense. Is this another feature of rogue-likes? Are they mostly a kill-Foozle type of game? Is the primary goal to clear the map levels? Are there typically lots of hidden doors or is everything out in the open? For $5, I can find out myself, but no use cluttering my hard drive with something I won't play. If anyone has played Monster's Den, is Dredmor similar?

Not really - Monster's Den is a group based rpg. It's underground and has loot, but that is where most of the similarities end.

Dredmor will be tile based, single character, and if it is anything like other roguelikes, it won't just be hack and slash (in a turn based sort of way). You will probably have to take advantage of the surrounding environment. Monsters may have different tactics, such as group swarming. Status effects may be severely debilitating. Items, as well as general equipment quite possibly will be essential to survival.

The key of a good roguelike is survival. Expect to die and expect to make mistakes. Expect the game to be unfair at times, but still logical. Playing anything less than permadeath is cheating yourself as well. To truly appreciate risk and survival is to be willing to lose everything.

Thanks!

I don't really know. I do know that MacOS is next on the list from what David said in the interview, but I don't know if it will be a simultaneous release or not. I'll ask Nicholas and get back to you.

Thanks!

Ok, the official word from Nicholas is "I think so". So my guess is that if it isn't a simultaneous release then the Mac version won't be far behind.

Nice, I very much prefer not to boot on XP (on the laptop) just to play a game (particularly one that seems perfect for small gaming sessions between things).

Thanks skavenhorde.

Off Topic:

I gave that Age of Fear you were telling us the other day a try. Fun game but it seems
to be very short… Am I right ? (the demo lasted all of 10 min)

Back
Top Bottom