RPGWatch Feature - Blade of Destiny HD Review

Thanks for the review Fluent, nice work! I was unsure before but now this is going straight to my must play list.

As a side note, i think both the elephant and the tome were appropriate. ;)

Nice review Fluent! I really need to play this or the original, but this sort of kills my enthusiasm.

The game is timed as well, meaning, if you waste too much time and don't complete your main quest, the game is over.

Nice review Fluent! I really need to play this or the original, but this sort of kills my enthusiasm.

You get 2.5 years to complete it, though, which seems like a ton of time. The only time it might come into play is if you purposely spend months in one town to avoid winter, or spend months of end playing your instruments in taverns to gain money.

Put it this way, I have 6 of the 9 pieces of the map already, and I'm still in the first year's winter (the game starts in autumn, I believe). So really, it seems like you have plenty of time.

Speaking for the original but I guess it's not much different in the remake:
Even if you do each and every optional dungeon - you should still have enough time.
But it gives a little incentive to explore the map and travel with system (besides of having mountain paths you shouldn't travel on in winter).

Well, exploration was reduced, but RoA3 was the most atmospheric of the three due to a denser, more focused plot. RoA2 was sort of in between 1 and 3 (hah!).
Yeah, I think that's just a question of personal taste. I just loved the feeling of the possibility to "anywhere" you want, just loved the worldmap. Of course you couldn't go anywhere, it was just an illusion. But the illusion got me in these games. :)
Normally my focus is on a great plot, too.

Good review - I played the old series and I'll play the new game when the devs say: We are finished!

Good to hear more on this game, I've only played about 3 hours so far and I'm waiting for it to finish cooking before doing more. The old school vibe is strong with this one.

Latest update from the developer:

30th of October: Patch testing is coming along nicely, only a few more bugs to iron out until we can finally release it, coming up probably tonite, tomorrow at the very latest

I really don't understand the developer's/publisher's strategy on this one.

They would have gained so much in the long run, if they hadn't released it in an uncompleted state…
They knew before that they would invest more manpower in finishing the game after release. Even if money was scarce the weeks before release, I can't think of a scenario where this early release would have made sense.

Sometime you just want to get your stuff out there for people to provide feedback on even if you know it is far from finished. But I certainly wouldn't charge anyone money for it. That's just bullshit.

The very definition of milking an unseen product for every cent that it's worth. What amazes me is that no one seemed to know ahead of time what a train wreck this would be upon release. In this day and age, I find that simply stunning.

Well, I don't think that this was/is a successfull milking in the long run. Having published a finished game a few month later would habe brought more money.
They just got the dumbasses who preordered (like me). I don't think a lot of others bought this game. This would have been different with a finished game.
Imho that was just short sighted.

"Figures of speech like "first, let's talk about the elephant in the room" are something I haven't heard before"
It's because your intellectual level is rather not very high.
:roll:

"Figures of speech like "first, let's talk about the elephant in the room" are something I haven't heard before"
It's because your intellectual level is rather not very high.
:roll:

Hmm. Think this post may have lost something in the translation.

Good review, definitely will play it if the devs get to complete their patching.

Colloquialisms have nothing to do with intelligence. They have a lot to do with culture though. And they rarely translate well between languages AND cultures.

Not ever hearing "Elephant in the room . . ." Wow, I just have so much stuff to learn in this wonderful world. Everyday is a treasure.

Good work, Fluent. I posted a comment to you in another thread about the state of the game and you never responded. Now, I see why.

Back
Top Bottom