What games are you playing now?

I tried the first two Telltale games from the Walking Dead universe, and I found them to be rather average at best.

After finished the Pixel remaster version of Final Fantasy three the other day, I've started playing the upgraded version of Telepath Tactics. I'm hoping this time I can get past a rather annoying battle that, for some reason, I could never play before without the thing crashing. So far I've only completed three maps, at least no crashes to date and lots of enjoyment!

You mean inside the Valley of the Mines? No you don't get access without cheating until Chapter 2. There are 3 I think around Khorinis, and I killed the scout, but not the others in Chapter 1. I just finished the Jharkendar and reached L21. Entering VOM today. I have decided not to use the Claw of Beliar for rp reasons.

Sorry I misread what you originally said. Level 11 is quite respectable for Chapter 1!! I normally save Jharkendar till after Chapter 2 since it tends to make Chapter 2 much easier. It is quite a challenge clearing orcs in Chapter 2 if you go straight there after chapter 1.

Boo to you guys! I loved all the TT games. Yes choices don't change the major plotlines, but they do change how the characters interact including their fates, and it's my investment in those characters makes the stories emotional.

I finally got around to playing Wasteland 3. It's been enjoyable thus far. The biggest change I've seen is in the skill system; it takes much less time to increase a skill score than in Wasteland 2, which I'm okay with. The overland map vehicle mechanic is a nice touch, although I've only had a couple of opportunities to use it in combat. I'm sure there will be more.

Playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and this game is a wet dream for anyone who likes RPGs. You actually play a medieval hick, with all the menial stuff that comes with that.

I am only about 10 hrs in I think, but I am impressed. What other game has characters react and change their opinion based on what you wear, or whether you're dirty or bloody? What other game (other than Gothic) has people chase you out of their houses and call the guards? I even like the combat (though I suck at it). The world is incredibly realistic (though I hate those Rattay guards that keep frisking me :p).

Playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and this game is a wet dream for anyone who likes RPGs. You actually play a medieval hick, with all the menial stuff that comes with that.

I am only about 10 hrs in I think, but I am impressed. What other game has characters react and change their opinion based on what you wear, or whether you're dirty or bloody? What other game (other than Gothic) has people chase you out of their houses and call the guards? I even like the combat (though I suck at it). The world is incredibly realistic (though I hate those Rattay guards that keep frisking me :p).

I had fun with it until I started treating fully as a game by picking up every flower I found. I need to restart and play it more naturally at some point.

In the newest version of Telepath Tactics, I've FINALLY been able to get past that one battle that stymied my progress in the original game about six years ago. Gosh, it's a great feeling to get through that fight, and now I look forward to whatever happens next.

I'm in Ch4 of Gothic 2 now. Ch 3 was easy no new mobs other than Seekers and they weren't any trouble at all. Ch4 on the other hand... wow. Orcs everywhere! I can handle warriors 1-on-1 but there are so many on the map it's really hard to trigger only one! I'm making progress but it's slow going.

My brother has conscripted me into playing co-op. We started with Icarus, a survival/sci-fi type but we moved from that to Grim Dawn. I'm really not great at action rpgs, but I can follow a simple build guide okay. I'm playing a Primal Strike Shaman. I have the Inquisitor class too, but haven't taken a single skill in the tree. I'm sure this won't be as easy on Elite, but PS gob-stomps normal difficulty. I'm doing 30,000 damage/right click at level 50.

I prefer the GD formula over the other action type games. D3 is too easy, Torchlight too cartoony, Lost Epoch has really poor movement speed, etc. I really loved Sacred 1, but S2 was horrible with nearly constant respawns. We might tackle Titan Quest if we still want action rpgs after GD.

I'm open to co-op suggestions in the rpg or survival genres on pc :)

I love that game. While I never managed to master Alchemy and Archery (was just good enough for rabbit hunting!), it's the closest thing I have ever seen in a game to what real middle age felt like. The world is open yet very interesting, the story is great, NPCs are well made. Fights are certainly challenging. We need more games like Kingdom Come!

I tried Weird West for a bit last night.

I can't say it does anything for me. The combat is really chaotic but not in a good way. It feels more like a story-driven action game than anything else, and I definitely don't understand how the devs were calling it an immersive sim.

I only played up to the 5th map, but I don't see myself going back to it.

I can't say it does anything for me. The combat is really chaotic but not in a good way. It feels more like a story-driven action game than anything else, and I definitely don't understand how the devs were calling it an immersive sim.

Thanks for the feedback. I saw the trailer and thought it was a bit too... weird for me. But I had no idea what it was, gameplay wise.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm less and less convinced myself. How easy was the control during combat? Were you playing K+M or with a controller?

From what I understood, the "immersive sim" was about the ability to play with the environment, like moving crates and climbing on them, or setting fire to barrels and so on. Maybe it's stretching it.

I've been playing Darksiders: Warmastered Edition. I played a few hours in its original version a long time ago. I can't remember why I gave up on it, but I shouldn't have.
As 3D metroidvanias go, it's pretty good. Plenty of exploration, fun combat, and bits that make you think a bit about how to progress, but not so thinky that my poor old brain gives up.

My brother has conscripted me into playing co-op.
(..)
I'm open to co-op suggestions in the rpg or survival genres on pc :)
That's so cool!

I'm gonna suggest something different though, since I started playing it with a buddy last Friday: A Way Out. Fantastic and unique co-op experience. Co-op only, in fact. It's about two convicts who flee from prison (reminded me of the Shawshank Redemption.) Don't read up on it too much though, just let yourselves be surprised. Included in XBox Gamepass (wrapper for EA), which usually has a 1$/month trial.

Also, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (d'uh ;)) by the same Studio, although we haven't played that one yet.

Other than those:

- Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions
- Borderlands 2 (later on the Pre-Sequel and Borderlands 3, I guess)
- Deep Rock Galactic
- Serious Sam 4

That's so cool!

Also, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (d'uh ;)) by the same Studio, although we haven't played that one yet.

will be curious how you feel about that one as i do play adventure games - got it in the ukraine bundle

currently playing dragon age origin and loving it

For crpgnut, I recommend the following (mainly because they have couch co-op):

Serious Sam 3
Salt and Sanctuary (magnificent)
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Earth Defense Force 4.1
Earth Defense Force 5

Both Earth Defense Force games are pure fun with many classes and customisation.

Im replaying gothic 2, its been almost a decade since my last replay, and holy shit how hard it is as a melee char; i dont know if something is messed with my game but dont remember it being so tough, i died more here than in dark souls lol. Im lev 13 now and still have to stick alot to the bow and kill shit from upper ground huehuehue.gif, thank god arrows are infinite at the traders. I refinished the first game prior to this, and that one was a breeze in melee combat.
For those that dont know, steam now has the workshop for the game, alot of QoL mods there like autosave, extended stats or categorized inventory.
Also its worth being mentioned for the millionth time, how much content there is on such a small map and how divine everything is placed. Around 25h so far and still have a bout a 3rd of the first map to explore plus havent left for the addon one.

My brother lives in Chicago Metro and I live in St. Louis Metro. We're 600 km apart :) We play over the web and chat over discord. We're looking for action rpgs and survival games as neither of us like adventure/strategy/tactics/puzzles, etc :) We both play almost exclusively rpgs and survival types. We both love crafting, tolerate building, and love equipping toons and killing stuff.

Back
Top Bottom