Morrowind - 20 Years Young and Playable in VR

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is now 20 years old. Additionally DSOGaming reports that you can now play Morrowind in VR thanks to OpenMW.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is an epic, open-ended single-player game where you create and play any kind of character you can imagine. Be the noble hero embarking on an epic quest, or an insidious thief rising to leadership of his guild. Be a malevolent sorcerer developing the ultimate spell of destruction, or a reverent healer searching for the cure to a plague. Your actions define your character, and your gameplay changes and evolves in response to your actions. Confront the assassins' guild, and they take out a contract on you. Impress them, and they try to recruit you instead. No two sagas are the same in the world of Morrowind.

[...]

According to the creator, non-VR players can play together with VR players. However, the hand movements of VR players cannot be seen by other players at this time and they show up as using regular animations.

Players can download the TES3MP 0.8.1 VR client release for Windows from here. David suggests non-VR gamers download this latest version as it includes numerous optional hotfixes.

Have fun!
More information.

wow, now that is cool !
almost gonna buy a VR set just for this game

20 (twenty !) years. We are so old...

I keep install Morrowind to give it another shot but just can't get into it past few days/weeks :(

Off topic but I am also disappointed that next Elder Scrolls is (rumoured?) to be set in Breton area. Past ES were mostly set in human regions except for Morrowind. What about Khajiit, Argonian, Orc, High elf and Wood elf?? Would like to see ES set in their region. I loved Summerset Isle (High elf) and Elsweyr (Khajiit) so much in ESO, would love to see story/lore expanded on those areas in single player ES.

Back
Top Bottom