Turn Based Lovers - Top 15 PC Open World RPGs & Strategy Games - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Turn Based Lovers - Top 15 PC Open World RPGs & Strategy Games

Default Turn Based Lovers - Top 15 PC Open World RPGs & Strategy Games

May 23rd, 2022, 09:01
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
It does me good to continue to hear such praise of Expeditions: Rome. I really enjoy the prior two games in the series and once I see Rome at a decent discount, it shall be mine to abuse!
'thought the same till i played it. I find it that good i have paid full for it.
--
Everyone thinks i am crazy, but i am just adjusting to my environment.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
+1:

May 23rd, 2022, 09:16
I played all but the last 5 so I will need to get on that right quick. Overall a good collection of games, but Battle Brothers is my favorite so far.

Terry

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

May 23rd, 2022, 13:01
Battle Brothers with all the updates and DLCs is almost the perfect game for me. I have so many hours played, it's like meditation for me. When I play BB all my worries disappear. Then my favorite mercenary dies and I chuck my computer out the window.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2022, 13:04
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
Battle Brothers with all the updates and DLCs is almost the perfect game for me. I have so many hours played, it's like meditation for me. When I play BB all my worries disappear. Then my favorite mercenary dies and I chuck my computer out the window.
Someone gifted me a copy I can't remember which member it was. It wasn't bad if you could get past the bobble head design decision. Wartales looks to be better though.
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
Oh man, you should try searching lists for City Builders *shudders*

I tried again yesterday & it's the same lists they were 5 years ago, same old series with the odd weird novelty game stuffed in for variance sake:

Cities Skylines, SIMCity3000 (or whatever), Tropico (latest one), latest Anno game, Banished (even though you don't build any cities, just a small village, town at best), Pharaoh (or any of that millennium era series), Frostpunk, roller coaster tycoons, theme hospital variants & then some random cheesy mobile looking thing/s with WoW graphics.
I noticed all those lists have the same games as well. I use a website that tracks 4X, strategy, and city builders. Surprise there is even a Pharaoh remaster in development.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2022, 14:27
Originally Posted by ikbenrichard View Post
indeed, another great game !
I couldn't get into Mutant Year Zero, but I like the look of Miasma Chronicles which is from the same team.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2022, 18:13
Yeah, Battle Brothers is an excellent game, one that I've been meaning to replay for a time, now. Might have to snag any decent-looking additional content then schedule in a month for a serious re-visit.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2022, 19:17
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
i do know that feeling!!
--
Everyone thinks i am crazy, but i am just adjusting to my environment.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

May 26th, 2022, 20:23
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I noticed all those lists have the same games as well. I use a website that tracks 4X, strategy, and city builders. Surprise there is even a Pharaoh remaster in development.
Lol. And that series is one of my least favourite anyway. Not because of anything in particular, but they just has this really spammy gameplay that was less about building than it was about mass production.

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Turn Based Lovers - Top 15 PC Open World RPGs & Strategy Games