The Witcher 2 - Contest here at RPGWatch

Because I played the first game at least three times? *Quasi-Arrogant sense of Entitlement card*. No, that won't work. Probably have opposite effect actually. Ok right..hmm…

Because I am a member of ye olde brigade? *Plays old school credentials card*. No good? Ok…what else is in my hand here…hmm right..yes…

Because I have a never ending love affair with this wonderfully great genre and will appreciate it much more than the common man? *plays learn-ed RPG Aesthete card*. No? Too many aesthetes in the world you say? Hmm…*scratches head…am running out of cards!*

Because it is torturous to read all of the threads on RPGWatch and not be able to join in the discussion! *plays burning eyes, please help me, holier-than-thou, pathetic card*. Bad play you say? I must be honest and not pull on emotional strings?

Because I am impoverished and will soon conduct a mini viking raid on the nearest Electronics Boutique store for all of their copies of Witcher 2, resulting in much violence and bloodshed. *Plays psychopathic, misanthropic-I want to play Witcher 2 or else you will all die card*. Shit. No good? Gaaah!

It seems I have one left. Why you ask?

*Plays his naked Triss card*

You should give it to me because I am a true witch, descended from the last few witches surviving the salem trials. Now, my time has come to assume my witchdom. Witchhood? Witchery? Anyway you get the point.

Thanks for the contest!

As Obama got a copy from the Polish PM, why doesn't RPGWatch donate its to a world leader of their choice. Perhaps the Australian PM as he'll otherwise get a censored copy and I think Dhruin is Australian...

Can staff members also participate? I promise to be totally fair when it's decided who will be the lucky winner. ;)

Would love to continue the story of this great RPG...almost through with the first. One of the best RPGs ever. Money is short though with 2 kids and it's hard to sneak games by my wife! LOL

mm, ok, the "I'll give it to a friend" idea is totally ruined now here.

I won't give it to anybody. even if all my friends, my brother, together with mom and dad beg me to give it to them, even if my girlfriend (if I find one) nags me for weeks, even if my grandma comes and says she wants to give it a try — I won't give to anyone. it'll be mine and I'll cherish and protect it despite all the challenges that might await me on my quest…

Because I’m a huge Halo fan, so I’m really excited to play this latest installment. For serious, a space opera with witchers??? A must play! Wait, what? Not an FPS? Not a Halo game? Well, then I deserve to win so I can burn the game on my Master Chief official BBQ. What? A digital copy!? By the High Prophets!!!

...and I'm cool...

It's an odd thing trying to promote one's self and appear humble at the same time. "Because I want it" comes off and whining. "Because I need it" comes off as, well needy. "Because I deserve it" comes off as pompous. "Because I can't afford it" comes off as desperate. In fact, it's much like trying to impress a beautiful woman with whom you have suddenly fallen deeply in love with. At the same time you want to both appear unconcerned, but not disinterested - excited but not desperate. So that's my pitch - RPGWatch is a beautiful woman with whom I am desperately in love with and if you don't go out with me I will cry in my pillow. But don't worry, I'll keep a stiff upper lip, at least in public. If you catch me sniffling in the break room please give a moment. I'll be back on the show floor momentarily.

Well and if that doesn't work, I need it, I want it, I deserve it and I can't afford it.

- Bargeral :cool:

I would like a copy of The Witcher 2 as I am a cheep old bugger who will force myself to wait until I can buy it for cheep. Which may be many many months in the future, it would be great to start the adventure sooner rather than later.

I should have it so I can install it on my laptop as well, and can play two copies at once taking different approaches to the game. This dual-play approach would save me tons of time over the traditional replay method

I definitely should not win, becasue I need to finish the first one first and I can easily afford to buy the game if I ever decide to buy it. I just want to say good job RPGWatch and good luck GOG and CDP :lol:

Good job RPGWatch and good luck GOG and CDP!

I cannot afford to purchase the Witcher II at this time, because I'm tapped out for the next few months due to recently purchasing Avadon, Fable III & LEGO: Pirates, plus I'm saving what little I have left for the inevitable ~ Dungeons of Dredmor ~

Oh and on the long term, I'm setting aside a little here and there to purchase one of the new nVidia, Kepler GPU's later this year...that'll be expensive!

A little off topic, but I can't participate anyways :)

Here are some Dredmor screenshots from the latest build for you, Khalus.

This is new. They've really improved the shrines:
DDScreen1.jpg

You will know fear if you come across a room like this:
DDScreen3-1.jpg

This is what will happen:
DDScreen4-1.jpg

I "died like an armadillo"

Because i spent all my money on my wife's birthday present (4th of june ), and now have to wait till the end of june to play the witcher 2 unless.....

Oh! Pick me! Pick me!

I have zero money left, I have wrapped up my first TW1 playthrough since a few days and I need to have my Witcher fix. Redrawal symptoms are beginning to show.

Please? Pretty please? :)

I want The Witcher 2 so badly that I'd do anything.

In fact, I would do a staring contest to the death with the Dramatic Chipmunk, during which Zack Hemsey's Mind Heist (Inception music) will be epically playing in the background.

I'd probably lose, but it'd be worth a short to win The Witcher 2!

dramatic-chipmunk.gif

Zack Hemsey - Mind Heist (Inception Trailer music)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOJqicM6x84

Back
Top Bottom