Pricewatch!

The Indie Royale May Hurray bundle has been launched.
This one contains:
Dungeon Defender. A co-op action/tower defense game (no DLC... yet)
Containment: The Zombie Puzzler. A puzzle game
Data Jammers: FastForward ???
Brainpipe - A Plunge to Unhumanity ???
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space A space exploration/strategy game, sequel to Strange Adventures in Infinite Space

The current issue of the German magazine "PC Games" comes with - *drum roll* - Torchlight !

The current issue of the German magazine "Gamestar" comes with Two Worlds 1.

Alan Wake is current on sale on steam for $15. its funny as i just started playing it sunday, even though i bought at a slight discount when it was released. I am loving the game and finished episode 3 last night. there's to few modern day adventure/horror setting games and this has quite a bit in common with bloodlines, setting/interactivity with environment as well as the last alone in the dark game which didn't get the greatest reviews and while it had flaws i thought was also excellent except for the first few hours. like alone in the dark this game is broken into episodes, and involves a lot of exploration and use of flashlights and other environmental tools. the story in this game is way better, in fact its one of the best horror games i think i've played. the music and graphics are awesome and like bloodlines the radios you find and can listen to add a great amount of content to the game. this game also has tv sets you can find that have "twilight zone" esque episodes that have obviously intentional dubbing over strange and disturbing little stories. i highly reccommend this to any who like action adventure games and or horror games though this game is the psychological and emotional horror game, which i prefer, rather than the silent hill type which has some of that but is more focusused on the gore side.

Interesting. I finally read the review in PC Mag, and it was rather positive, despite previous negative opinions. I may pick this up. Does it suffer from consolitis with poor controls and UI?

Alan Wake is current on sale on steam for $15.

It's also on sale on GOG ($15 too) and there is a discount to pre-order the spin-off.

Whoa.. now that is surprising indeed. :)

Guess I'll probably pick it up at that price.

Same here - been watching my son play some on X360 and it looks cool, will grab game and add-on together on GoG.

I thought about buying it when it came out, but decided against it. How action-heavy is it? I like horror games but I prefer ones that don't have excessive amounts of action, since the combat in them is generally terrible.

theres a decent amount of action, but flight is often an option rather than fighting and much of the action is in many ways defensive. the controls though work great with mouse and keyboard and there is a dodge button as well. playing the game in the dark is a must as the action is much more about the "fear" than about combat though regardless of whether you fight or flee it will seem like you just scraped by numerous times. finished chapter 4 and 5 last night and will probably finish it this evening based on the story progression.

So it's not point&click adventure like Ceville, The Book Of Unwritten Tales, Captain Morgane, So Blonde, Yesterday, The Next Big Thing, … To name a few awsome ones recently released…
If I need to pass QTEs or play FPS/TPS in it, I'll just skip it, sorry.

the qtes are minimal, and don't pop up on you but rather are simple activations where you click the left mouse button, more environmental interactions then qtes. open a lock simply just requires clicking fast, super easy and rarely used. the primary thing used it for starting generators where you have to hit a bar as it spins around 2 or 3 times and most of the time is easy. also the game is third person which can be switched from traditional to over the sholder by simply pressing the tab key.

From Strategy Informer

Essentially – and remember this is a personal view, it might be perfectly fine or, perhaps, even worse for you – the mouse controls are either too sluggish or too sensitive depending on what you want to do. General camera movement when you're not in combat feels too slow, requiring long drags with the rodent to examine your surroundings. So you whack the sensitivity up in the options to compensate, but it's never truly quite right.

On the other hand, combat is made tougher because when you hold down the 'aim' button, your mouse is now hyper-sensitive and you'll be flinging your torch beam all over the shop at first – but you can't put your sensitivity down, because then the non-aiming bits will be hideously sluggish once more. Sigh.

It's a common problem with pad-to-mouse conversions and some might argue “just use a pad then”. Well, if that's your argument, just buy the 360 version and be done with it, as it's cheaper. If you're buying for the PC, chances are you'll be wanting to use the faithful rodent, so it's an important thing to note.

Yeah, I thought the controls weren't right on this one...

can't say i agree with that guy at all. the only time i found controls awkward were looking around inside can sometimes be restricitive, but given the fact on what you have to do in the game, ie aim a flashlight, i really can't imagine the controls being any better. for me any adjustments to the controls were within minutes, but whatever. just finished the game it would be well worth full price in my view.

Is Midnight Club 2 good?

Game Of Throne RPG for $35.99 at Gamersgate (pre-order). The price dropped, used to be $49.99 (and still is on Steam).

There is no "time" for it to expire, but I suspect release date is the deadline.

Back
Top Bottom