Pricewatch!

Game Of Throne RPG for $35.99 at Gamersgate (pre-order). The price dropped, used to be $49.99 (and still is on Steam).

There is no "time" for it to expire, but I suspect release date is the deadline.
It's 39.99€ on my Steam page…
Hmmm… I'm still having an allergy on "Game of Thrones" title (enjoyed only the first book, got bored as hell with others, HBO series season 1 was good and was like the book, series 2 is different than the book, then there was already a game of suspicious quality) and all the milking around it.
Will there be a demo or something where I could check if this game deserves a chance to be preordered? Apart from GoT strategy game not very liked by audience, Cyanide so far has Loki (never played it I admit) and Confrontation (I didn't even wanted to try as I disliked the design on screenshots) and without a demo, preview or something, can't say I'm wallethappy here.

Will there be a demo or something where I could check if this game deserves a chance to be preordered? Apart from GoT strategy game not very liked by audience, Cyanide so far has Loki (never played it I admit) and Confrontation (I didn't even wanted to try as I disliked the design on screenshots) and without a demo, preview or something, can't say I'm wallethappy here.
Cyanide also made Blood Bowl, which while buggy, was quite faithful to its boardgame counterpart, and was a blast to play (in multiplayer) & Chaos League (which as a blood bowl ripoff), plus a few management games.

It's 39.99€ on my Steam page…
Hmmm… I'm still having an allergy on "Game of Thrones" title (enjoyed only the first book, got bored as hell with others, HBO series season 1 was good and was like the book, series 2 is different than the book, then there was already a game of suspicious quality) and all the milking around it.

Steam have it for $49.99 USD (+ prima guide) for me. As for a demo, I haven't read any news of there being one. :(

There is a 30 minutes video of the game beginning on Gamesradar though (beware of annoying "journalists" commenting).

the company of heroes series is also on sale on steam. already own boxed and steam versions of them all, great strategy games and i much prefer them to rellic's warhammer games but looks like there was a motive behind the sale which is fine by me considering the confirmation of sequel is final confirmed--http://www.companyofheroes.com/

All titles from 1C Company are 50% off at GOG this weekend.

GOG also added the Quest for Glory series to their library. All five games are bundled together for $9.99.
No, and I just bought KB last weekend for 10$ on gog :-( Perhaps, I should buying my games upfront and store them for later use (like everybody else I guess).

Perhaps I can start with space rangers as I have heard good things about it here. I kind of like KB (slow start, but slowly coming into it. I am in uldar now), so will I like space rangers too ?

perhaps someone would like to check what was the fuss about Portal 2 (-66%, 5,09€, http://store.steampowered.com/app/620/).

Fantastic game... nuff said

Perhaps I can start with space rangers as I have heard good things about it here. I kind of like KB (slow start, but slowly coming into it. I am in uldar now), so will I like space rangers too ?

If you're going to try Space Rangers, don't waste your time with the first game, it's very mediocre. Just get Space Rangers 2.

If you're going to try Space Rangers, don't waste your time with the first game, it's very mediocre. Just get Space Rangers 2.
I never wanted to buy that one because of yucky Star Wolves. Is it really great as ppl on GOG say?

I never wanted to buy that one because of yucky Star Wolves. Is it really great as ppl on GOG say?

Space Rangers 2 is absolutely awesome ... but I have never even come CLOSE to finishing the first one - and I have finally stopped trying after realizing 'it isn't me ... it is YOU'. Just like JDR said ...

The problem is there are two Space Rangers 2 - Dominators and Reboot. Now if this one on GOG is not the one you played…

EDIT:
Checked GOG forum and buyers are not happy. Seems that SR2:Dominators on GOG doesn't work on win7 x64. They however got SR2:Reboot (available on steam, gamersgate, etc) and that one does work on their machines. Although they needed to force windowed mode. But playing in windowed mode doesn't exist in Dominators at all. SR2:Reboot is a standalone game that includes Dominators and more additional content.
So I'll skip this one on GOG. Sorry.

Last edited:
PriceWatch of the other kind … : The British (?) magazine "Retro Gamer" comes this month with an article "on the making of the X-Wing franchise", or so I have it in my memory. Yes, the LucasArts flight simulators of the X-Wing games - including TIE Fighter !

Their web site is here : http://www.retrogamer.net/

On the current issue (and older ones) : http://www.retrogamer.net/back_issues.php

Steam has Knights of the Old Republic for $7.49

GOG just added the crpg Silver to their library. Anyone ever play that one?

The cool thing with KotOR ( and JKII) on sale is that they now include both Mac and PC versions ... Of course some of us already bought them on the Mac App Store sale on May 4th ?..

GOG just added the crpg Silver to their library. Anyone ever play that one?
Never heard of it before. Maybe I do grab it, one of users says this:
"I recommend it to anyone who likes action rpgs - this is the real action rpg not Diablos!".

But before I do buy it, I want to know - if mobs respawn endlessly. If they do, I'll skip it.

The above mentioned magazine also has a round-up review over (?) Ian Livingstone of Games Workshop fame. ;)

Back
Top Bottom