What games are you playing now? - Page 673 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

February 15th, 2021, 00:29
Code vein. An anime souls-like. Combat is fun, but the level design could be better. Finding shortcuts and backtracking don't feel that rewarding. Still a decent attempt, but…

Why aren't girls dressed in this game? Can't they find decent bras that aren't torn? I'm mostly amused as I imagine how that was decided in the design process.

I mean an actual artist / person made those models. What went on in their head when they were stretching out the polygons of that chest a bit? Or what were the voice actors thinking when they had to speak those submissive and high-pitched lines of that 18-year girl with the big eyes. Did any one of them complain?

To be fair, in combat and most of the game I don't really notice it (or i got used to it).

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

February 15th, 2021, 10:16
Star Wars: Battlefront II

I got it for free on the Epic store so I thought I'd give it a try. Plus I was bored and in the mood for something Star Wars.

It's no Jedi: Fallen Order, that's for sure. I'm not disappointed though because I wasn't expecting much from the single-player campaign to begin with.

The visuals and sound are excellent, but those are the only areas where the game really excels. It's basically just a series of missions where you swap characters every few levels. Most of the missions are standard first or third person action, but there are also space missions where you're piloting an X-wing, Tie Fighter, etc. There's a story, but it's nothing to write home about. It's also very short. I've already finished the original campain in two sittings and I'm starting the add-on campaign now.

One thing that's quite annoying about it are the load times. It literally has the longest load screens I've seen in years, and that's on an SSD.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

February 15th, 2021, 13:30
Still playing Wizardy 6. It is becoming more and more enjoyable as my party levels up. It is also enjoyable to discover simple things like using keys to unlock doors, and just discovered how to use the amulet of life even though I have been carrying it around my dead druid for many hours!

I just wish information on items is more meaningful.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
+1:

February 17th, 2021, 10:58
Dragon Age: Inquisition. Just messing around, and I don't plan on playing for long. I hadn't played it in years, and seeing a recent discussion about the series made me want to try it again. I've never made it very far.

I had almost forgotten how god-awful the camera is in this game. Is it just a matter of getting used to it, or is there a mod that most people use? It's really hard to pinpoint things during the more chaotic battles, and it constantly seems to spin when I don't want it to.
Last edited by JDR13; February 17th, 2021 at 11:11.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

February 17th, 2021, 12:59
. . . after my antics with the quirky German-made Elex (btw, I think I'm one inch closer to the Truth, heh), it is time to relax with some solid oldie.
It's time for Albion (PC/Dos), another quirky game, also hergestellt in Deutschland.

Wow. Still an interesting game for sure, but after 20+ years, the design issues are pretty obvious. Nevertheless: this one is a great experiment that mostly works.

For the uninitiated: Albion is a weird fusion of Super Nintendo-style Japanese RPG with an Ultima-style Western RPG.

Imagine gluing together Final Fantasy VI and Ultima: Savage Empire, and you are halfway there what Albion is.

Talk about bipolar disorder - yet the game has its charm, and I strongly recommend to anyone who like some experimental weirdness in their gaming.

duerer

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
+1:

February 17th, 2021, 18:26
Albion is an awesome game, my most recent jaunt through it was maybe four or five years ago, and I had a great time revisiting that universe. Is it aged, perhaps a tad dated? Certainly. Does it stand head and shoulders above ninety percent of the games released these days? Absolutely!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

February 17th, 2021, 19:07
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Dragon Age: Inquisition. Just messing around, and I don't plan on playing for long. I hadn't played it in years, and seeing a recent discussion about the series made me want to try it again. I've never made it very far.

I had almost forgotten how god-awful the camera is in this game. Is it just a matter of getting used to it, or is there a mod that most people use? It's really hard to pinpoint things during the more chaotic battles, and it constantly seems to spin when I don't want it to.
Wasn't there an option to switch camera from a mode, where it follows the avatar to a free mode, where you control it completely? Or something similar at least, may be an option that it doesn't switch to "relevant events" automatically. I remember that it was possible to fully control the camera somehow without mods but it has been to long to remember the exact details.

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

February 17th, 2021, 20:40
A bunch of interactive fiction, and I plan to play a bunch more. Ones I've played lately include but are not limited to Bogeyman, Sage Sanctum Scramble, Summit, Dopplejobs, Murder in Fairyland. If you like stories and/or puzzles and you think text adventures died with Infocom or only consist of those "Choice of" books all over Steam, think again.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

February 17th, 2021, 21:09
Been trying some survival games. Gave up on Desolate and Valheim. Valheim seems pretty good, but I'll probably wait until I get a second key for household co-op before I play more.

I'm trying 7 Days to Die again, on a local (Aus/NZ) server. I'm determined to actually get somewhere for once. It helps that people on the server are quite helpful.

Other than that, going through a kinda low period, finding it hard to settle on anything.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

February 18th, 2021, 01:16
I purchased Nebuchadnezzar, a city building game like Pharaoh and Caesar, but as was expected for a small developer, I cannot make it run on my main monitor. In windows 10 I've got my ultra-wide as my main monitor, but it's the second one as far as windows is concerned. And the game only starts on the first one.

I've fiddled with the settings and nothing has worked. Switching to windowed mode does allow me to move it around, but upon restart or switching back to fullscreen it resets to the other monitor. What a pain in the ass. I hope the developers respond.

The old Alt-Enter switch also doesn't work. And anything that might, will likely reset upon restarting.

EDIT: Ok, I've managed to sort the order of the monitors so now my main monitor is also my first monitor as far as Win10 is concerned, but the game still chooses to start on the second, non-main monitr. Wtf. Do they just grab de first monitor whatever API they use returns?
Last edited by danutz_plusplus; February 18th, 2021 at 01:36.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

February 18th, 2021, 05:58
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
I purchased Nebuchadnezzar, a city building game like Pharaoh and Caesar, but as was expected for a small developer, I cannot make it run on my main monitor. In windows 10 I've got my ultra-wide as my main monitor, but it's the second one as far as windows is concerned. And the game only starts on the first one.

I've fiddled with the settings and nothing has worked. Switching to windowed mode does allow me to move it around, but upon restart or switching back to fullscreen it resets to the other monitor. What a pain in the ass. I hope the developers respond.

The old Alt-Enter switch also doesn't work. And anything that might, will likely reset upon restarting.

EDIT: Ok, I've managed to sort the order of the monitors so now my main monitor is also my first monitor as far as Win10 is concerned, but the game still chooses to start on the second, non-main monitr. Wtf. Do they just grab de first monitor whatever API they use returns?
While you're playing the game, you could just disable whichever monitor you're not using. Windows-P is the shortcut on English keyboards. The game will only have one choice at that point.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

February 18th, 2021, 10:27
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
While you're playing the game, you could just disable whichever monitor you're not using. Windows-P is the shortcut on English keyboards. The game will only have one choice at that point.
Thanks for the recommendation. They also said a fix is in the works.\

But I watched a better analysis of the game from a guy that regularly plays city building games, and apparently A lot of the systems are just not there in the game. You can't lose money only when building things yourself. No crime/fire/disasters. No religion. No army systems. It's very light in the content it offers. Seems very likely they didn't have the budget for all they planned to do, since they're self-funded.

I don't want to refund, since I want to support them, since they're only two developers, but it's sad.
Last edited by danutz_plusplus; February 18th, 2021 at 14:55.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

February 19th, 2021, 13:48
Originally Posted by bkrueger View Post
Wasn't there an option to switch camera from a mode, where it follows the avatar to a free mode, where you control it completely? Or something similar at least, may be an option that it doesn't switch to "relevant events" automatically. I remember that it was possible to fully control the camera somehow without mods but it has been to long to remember the exact details.
You mean "mouse look"? Yes, you can toggle that, and it does feel a lot more natural (to me at least), but the drawback is that you have to toggle back to the other mode in order to interact with things.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

February 19th, 2021, 18:49
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
You mean "mouse look"? Yes, you can toggle that, and it does feel a lot more natural (to me at least), but the drawback is that you have to toggle back to the other mode in order to interact with things.
That is probably what I remembered, but didn't remember the disadvantage. Rose tinted glasses, maybe…

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

February 19th, 2021, 18:59
Yesterday I began a game called Heroines of Swords and Spells, an rpg-maker game. I'm not even sure how long this has been in my library, but now I'm giving it a go, and liking it so far. You start off as a thief in training, and the prologue of the game was quite lengthy, taking me a bit to get through it. When last I stopped, I had a party of four ladies assembled, and was exploring the starting town, picking up some quests and gear. I'll be getting deeper into the game later today!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

February 19th, 2021, 19:53
Currently playing Imperator Rome and a new city building game called Nebuchadnezzar.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)

February 19th, 2021, 20:05
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Currently playing Imperator Rome and a new city building game called Nebuchadnezzar.
How would you judge the state of Imperator these days? I know there have been a lot of mechanical changes. I tried it fairly early on and found it boring and lacking identity, but I would be interested to hear if you think it's worth jumping back into.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

February 19th, 2021, 20:32
I'm a big fan of city builders and have now played most of them, or tried most of the different series.

I agree with the one of the top reviews currently on steam for Nebuchadnezzar, in that it doesn't look that much of a city builder and looks to be more something else. The video for the project looked interesting but, ultimately, all the buildings looked the same and all the fields looks uninspired, it looked more like a spam-fest kind of thing than a game where you can take pride in building something to be proud of and marvel at all the different structures and their interactions.

But then I wasn't a huge fan of the Impressions Games series of city builders in the first place, so I could be a bit biased, but the reviews suggest they are even more spammy and less variety-led than those titles, so, nah. For now at least. I'll still like to hear what others think & be prepared to have my mind changed.

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

February 19th, 2021, 20:37
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
How would you judge the state of Imperator these days? I know there have been a lot of mechanical changes. I tried it fairly early on and found it boring and lacking identity, but I would be interested to hear if you think it's worth jumping back into.
It's better then it was since it launched but I just wish they put more attention and resources like they did with CK2. You just have to use a few mods to make it better.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)

February 20th, 2021, 00:51
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Yesterday I began a game called Heroines of Swords and Spells, an rpg-maker game. I'm not even sure how long this has been in my library, but now I'm giving it a go, and liking it so far. You start off as a thief in training, and the prologue of the game was quite lengthy, taking me a bit to get through it. When last I stopped, I had a party of four ladies assembled, and was exploring the starting town, picking up some quests and gear. I'll be getting deeper into the game later today!
I played that several months ago and enjoyed it. Only issue I had was that it's only chapter 1 and relatively short. I was disappointed when it abruptly ended!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?