Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Turn Based Lovers checked out the upcoming tactical / turn-based games:

On The Radar - March 2021

All the releases of the month.

About choices and consequences

"We are our choices"
- Jean-Paul Sartre

One of the most recurring topic for an aged videogamer/RPG addicted like me is: "Be sure that the story of our game will be heavily influenced by your CHOICES!". I mean, anyone who has ever played, just for once, a pen & paper RPG is well aware that the beauty and the charm of this particular kind of hobby lies in the unpredictability of the player's choices and in the consequent impact of them on the story.
To better explain what I want to say, I'm going to tell you about what happened to me the very first time I've played to a P&P RPG. We were a group of five or six friends, everyone in their late teens, and we were playing to D&D (don't ask me which version, I'm not an expert...). There was a great atmosphere: laughter, tension and chips were everywhere, and we were really enjoying our adventure, thanks also to a skilled dungeon master.
At a certain point, our characters were in front of a cave with a very narrow entrance. Everybody knew that the inside the cave was full of strong monsters (if I'm not wrong, they were some kind of lizard fighters...) and the idea of going into the cave one at a time was almost a suicide. We were in a deadlock...
But, suddenly, I had an idea.
I asked every player what kind of items they were carrying, and, among a pile of junk, I found exactly what I was looking for, the DEFINITIVE WEAPON: a...uh... strange herb. Nobody really knew what it was for, but I decided to do something a bit crazy with it. First of all, I started a fire very close to the entrance of the cave and then I decided to burn the herb on it. Not satisfied with all this, I used my cloak with the purpose to direct the smoke into the cave.

[...]

More information.

Yeah, definitely a couple of maybe-winners in that list.

Tortured Hearts and Saviors of Sapphire Wings / Stranger of Sword City Revisited look great!!

Dorfromantik? I'm guessing that's German - anyone know what that means?

Dorfromantik? I'm guessing that's German - anyone know what that means?

It means something like "village romanticism." So something like a picturesque, quaint village (atmosphere). Think half-timbered houses and cobblestones with a village fountain and flowers.

Some interesting titles, thanks for letting people know of them.

Bookmarked Dungeon No Dungeon as it looks crazy enough to be maybe good.
I thought I'd quickly finish duck-line walker Siralim 1 to see the glorious content in Siralim 2. Then Siralim 3 came out and it had the same angry monster gods and map discovery mechanics, plus same combat.. Now Siralim Ultimate is coming.. All the same, again! :D
It has a mighty nice UI though!
I think I'll play Siralim 144.

A few of these looked pretty good and a few looked generic and uninteresting to me. I am excited to see what they do with Siralim and Saviors of Sapphire Wings, Neurodeck looks like it could be pretty cool too.

Back
Top Bottom