BattleTech - Is it a Good Investment?

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
MMORPG have analyzed a few days ago if participating in the Battletech Kickstarter is a good investment and answers this question i nthis way:

Regardless of any concerns, the game is funded and it’s going to happen, but if you asked me whether you should fund it? I’d say, “I did in the first half-hour.” My concerns about the marketability of the game and design decisions aside, I’m stoked to see this game made.

I’ve been a rabid fan of the MechWarrior and BattleTech games for decades and I am incredibly excited to see what Harebrained Schemes can do with it. They treated Shadowrun with a great deal of respect and were very true to the spirit of the game I loved in my youth. I’m particularly excited to see what they do with BATTLETECH. I’m even more excited when I think about how this first campaign is probably just the introduction for another installment down the road.

If your first MechWarrior game was on a computer, I’d suggest you watch a few videos and maybe read one or two of the books featuring this time period before jumping in. I think you’ll still like the game, but you want to make sure you understand that it’s not the same as the MechWarrior you’re probably more accustomed to playing.

If you played BattleTech on a table with models, then… well, I suspect you’ve already backed. I sure did, and I haven’t stopped smiling since.
Thanks Eye.

More information.

I must admit I have a few issues with what the are trying to do. The time period they are using is 3025. Thats well before the Clans arrived back in the Inner Sphere and a lot of Battletech/Mechwarrior fans know the setting through the Clans and their better Weaponary like the ER PPC, Ultra AC and so on.

When they find out they cannot play as the Clans, Im guessing we are going to be hearing wailing.

Personally I think its great, much preferred the setting before the Clans turned up!

People will complain regardless of what you do, having the game setting before the Clans arrive is better imo. This way if it does well in the future they can have the option of having a Clan expansion.

Back
Top Bottom