Co-op RPGs

D

Deleted User

Hey all. I know this has probably been asked before, but I'm curious as to what RPGs can be played in couch co-op. That is, two players playing on the same screen, each with a controller in hand.

I'm playing Divinity: Original Sin with my dad and it's great, but once the game is over I'd like to have other co-op games lined up for us. Any suggestions?

Hey all. I know this has probably been asked before, but I'm curious as to what RPGs can be played in couch co-op. That is, two players playing on the same screen, each with a controller in hand.

I'm playing Divinity: Original Sin with my dad and it's great, but once the game is over I'd like to have other co-op games lined up for us. Any suggestions?

Not enough,unfortunately. I specifically bought a ps4 for couch co-op only to find out there aren't very many. My son and I played Diablo 3 which was very underwhelming and started playing D:OS but then switched to playing on pc together because we like k&m controls better and the screen switching was a bit jarring. Seems unless it's sports or shooters there's just not a lot out there. Hopefully others will know more.

Thanks for the response, saki.

My dad and I have played some co-op RPGs on consoles, but I was hoping there were more on PC that we could play. There are probably some lesser-known titles out there, but I don't know what they are, really.

Next game we play may be Diablo II since I own a boxed copy of the game. I hope that one has couch co-op on PC...

I'm not sure but i thought couch co-op on PC is even more rare than on console. I would like to be wrong though.

I forgot that Diablo II probably doesn't have controller support. Shoot, not even Sacred 2 Gold has controller support, and that is mind-boggling.

Hopefully with the success of Divinity: Original Sin, more co-op RPGs will be made going forward. I would love to play Wasteland 2 or Pillars of Eternity in co-op...

Not full RPGs like Divinity: Orginal Sin, but Magicka (1 and 2) and the Trine series (3 games) might offer what you are looking for. I'm not sure of the controller support and if it they are all split screens or not though (Steam isn't exactly reliable about that).

Storytelling just doesn't go well with coop. So unless the game is designed from the scratch to be played in coop like Divinity: OS, I wouldn't expect that in a RPG (if you exclude Games like Hack and Slay or other action games with RPG elements).

And then most "PC Games" are meant to be played with Mouse+Keyboard. Why would anyone want to cripple themselves by using a controller.
So the only games to be played on controller are the ones developed for consoles and then ported as they get an interface which again is designed for controllers from scratch.

I can't even think of a single game, RPG or not, which you can play with two people on one PC in split screen.
That said, I just checked my Steam Library:
-Hammerwatch might qualify if you consider it an RPG
-Renegade Ops can be played in local coop with controller (definitely not a RPG though)

And well, that seems to be all of the 216 games I got on steam…

Back
Top Bottom