Atari - Hasbro Files Suit

I'm sorry, I don't post very often, but I had to log in and reply to this comment. only 1 of the 2 NWN2 expacs were worth anything close to the money, or time involved. SoZ was half finished, and terrible for the most part. It had the makings of a great game, but you could see large glaring signs of capital not supporting proper development throughout the game.
I completely disagree. SoZ was my favourite expansion for any NWN game. It was great fun, a call back to the older D&D adventure games rather than these single character focused cRPGs, with really good production values, not to mention giving a HUGE amount of stuff to the community to play with.

NWN2 it self was a tragedy. I'm not sure whom to blame with the poor implementation, Atari or Obsidian, the load time alone are atrocious, and scream shoddy work. NWN2, while fun, was bug ridden, and poorly produced, a hallmark of the modern day Atari.
Again I completely disagree. Compared to the travesty of a single player game that NWN was (though it was excellent for multiplayer) NWN2 is a world better. The graphics are still some of the most technically advanced today, despite the age of the game. Load times are nothing like as bad as say The Witcher or NFS:Shift. And while there were a number of bugs, for the size of the game it's faired better than something like NWN, NFS:shift, various COD shooters and in fact most modern PC games.

Lets not forget the tragedies Atari provided with the MoW expansion delay of almost 2 years after it was gold
There wasn't a 2 year delay after going 'gold' - your understanding of what gold is is wrong. However there was a bad delay on things certainly.

I loathe Atari after what it did to my favorite gaming franchise, and license of all time.
Ah I see, there is a personal grievance. Personally it's just a game, so I don't really get that worked up about it for it's own sake. Not like there aren't other RPG systems out there that are 10x better than D&D.

However, of all the ways D&D could have been treated, I think Atari has done a better job than most. Would you prefer future D&D games to be far less sensitive to the material/system?

I'm fairly confident that all people who claim prefer NWN OC to NWN 2 OC are trolls. As flawed as NWN 2 OC is, NWN OC is just a joke with nothing even remotely good about it. Go to 4 place and kill stuff, repeat 3 times. Listen to insane ramblings about a race of time travelling lizards during the rare breaks between killing stuff. It felt like a bad fanfic.

As for the news, I don't know what to think of it. I doubt that Atari will be willing to fund another Mask of the Betrayer in near future, making the license changing hands the only way to stop the inevitable flood of games set on the Sword Coast. On the other hand, there's no guarantee that another publisher will be willing to experiment and help produce titles taking place in Eberron or Dark Sun.

Back
Top Bottom