What games are you playing now?

I started playing Phantasy Star three, of course, yesterday. I only got about 3 hours in but look forward to playing more on Monday. I seem to recall this one being a bit easier than the second game, but that last play-through was quite some time ago.

Oh, and I say what I wish. If you don't care for what I say, well, that ignore function should serve you well. I try not to instigate, but neither do I submit to being told how to comport myself.

Ok, I've reached the fight against Sarevok and his minions, and I've tried it a couple of times, but it's getting annoying. I think I'm ready to call it quits. I've watching the ending on youtube. I don't think I have the patience to keep restarting the fight, trying to finish it. I've gotten enough Baldur's Gate for now.

And, I think I'll take a break from starting Baldur's Gate 2 EE. Initially I was planning on starting it right after the first one, but I think I got a bit burned out on it. Even with just 40+ hours on it. I'll get back to it eventually, I think. But I'm definately much more excited about BG2 than 1.

Oh, and I forgot about Siege of Dragonspear. So I guess I do have to finish the game to take my party into the expansion. Damn.

The Sarevok battle can be pretty tough, but it's possible to pull some of his allies away first and deal with them separately so you don't have to fight everyone at once. At least that's how it was in the original game. I've never done a full playthrough of the EE version.

What level is your party? 40 hours isn't much for a BG run.

The Sarevok battle can be pretty tough, but it's possible to pull some of his allies away first and deal with them separately so you don't have to fight everyone at once. At least that's how it was in the original game. I've never done a full playthrough of the EE version.

What level is your party? 40 hours isn't much for a BG run.

I feel I'm under-leveled, because I've had to cheese some of the fights along my playthrough. Also, during the whole playthrough, I lost my two fighters (Khalid and Jaheira) twice and had to ressurect them at a temple, in some of those difficult fights. So I feel that also has probably caught up with me.

(As a side-note, how do you usually kill those basilisks that turn you to stone seconds upon entering the fight. I've had no protection from petrification or anything. So for my first encounter with them, I've used loads of summoned cannon-fodder. And for my second encounter with them, in the caves underneath Candlekeep, I've had to cheese them using Wands of Fire, casting fireballs from outside their view. If I didn't have that, I'd probably not be able to reach the end of the game).

About my levels, I just checked, and I've got one at lvl 6, two at level 7 and the rest at 8. My wizard and clerics are particularly squishy. As party composition, I've got Khalid and Jaheira as front-line, myself and Imoen as thieves using bows, and Bradwen (or whatever her names is) as a cleric, and Neera as a wild wizard.

EDIT: Oh, and I just checked, I can start a new run of Siege of Dragonspear with a new party. Great. But not now. Later.

The key to beating basilisks is using summoned creatures as fodder against them while you kill them with ranged attacks. Summon undead if you can as they're immune to petrification.

Ok, I've reached the fight against Sarevok and his minions, and I've tried it a couple of times, but it's getting annoying. I think I'm ready to call it quits. I've watching the ending on youtube. I don't think I have the patience to keep restarting the fight, trying to finish it. I've gotten enough Baldur's Gate for now.

And, I think I'll take a break from starting Baldur's Gate 2 EE. Initially I was planning on starting it right after the first one, but I think I got a bit burned out on it. Even with just 40+ hours on it. I'll get back to it eventually, I think. But I'm definately much more excited about BG2 than 1.

Oh, and I forgot about Siege of Dragonspear. So I guess I do have to finish the game to take my party into the expansion. Damn.

I think I spammed the area with fireballs and summons first, then waited for them to come to me rather than risking triggering all sorts of traps.

If you feel burnt out, why don't you just forget SoD and go straight into BG2 after a break?

For basilisks, I used Viconia a lot as a bait (yes, I am a horrible person) :p

What clan did you choose? I went with Ventrue my first time. I'm going to replay as Malkavian in the very near future.
Yeah, you simply must do this. The dialog is incredibly entertaining. :)
In fact, using a Malkavian is my only play through. I've always intended to revisit it and go through with something else, but I feel I've already experienced the "best". Also, lack of time...

You might not be under-leveled you might simply not have a strong party. Btw what difficulty are you playing ? Can you reduce the difficulty level ?
-

Yup, that's exactly what I did. I was playing on Core Rules up until the last fight. One level above Normal. I switched on Story Mode, and beat Sarevok in under 5 seconds (not kidding, it's overpowered as hell). And I started SoD with the same party, but switched Story Mode off again.

If you feel burnt out, why don't you just forget SoD and go straight into BG2 after a break?

I really feel I should play SoD, since it's being touted as a better connection between BG 1 and 2.

I rewatched the ending cinematic of BG1, and was wondering something. It basically shows Sarevok being killed, and then his essence leaving his body and shattering a statue of himself. I noticed the statue is in a "colosseum-like" structure, with dozens of other statues. Are all of those Bhaal's spawn? Do they have any bearing on the story in BG2? Just curious why they would show that.

Yup, that's exactly what I did. I was playing on Core Rules up until the last fight. One level above Normal. I switched on Story Mode, and beat Sarevok in under 5 seconds (not kidding, it's overpowered as hell). And I started SoD with the same party, but switched Story Mode off again.

I really feel I should play SoD, since it's being touted as a better connection between BG 1 and 2.

I rewatched the ending cinematic of BG1, and was wondering something. It basically shows Sarevok being killed, and then his essence leaving his body and shattering a statue of himself. I noticed the statue is in a "colosseum-like" structure, with dozens of other statues. Are all of those Bhaal's spawn? Do they have any bearing on the story in BG2? Just curious why they would show that.

I'm not sure even they knew. BG Saga II trails off in different direction, ending video indicates something entirely different, and Throne of Bhaal, was quickly put together to try and wrap up the series.
Tbh, the main premise of the series doesn't really add up ( Sarevok's motivations, prophecy, etc).

Guess people were more forgiving then they are today with regards to things adding up.
-
It will be interesting for you to collect your own view of SoD rather than those of others so playing it for no other reason that is why i intend to do it when i get to BG1-ee one of these days. Still plowing through my backlog but got side tracked with DKS. After DKS I think i'll play fallout 3:nv (for the first time) and then either dishon 1/2 (I play 1 when it first came out but never the dlc which I now have) or maybe fallout 4. Hum. Mind you it is not a requirement that i play any of the backlog but as long as I have the free time and i'm bored....

Yes, BG1 ending indicates there are many other Bhaalspawns out there. I think the story line makes sense and has pretty good connection to the prophecy. I don't want to spoil the story for you but while Shadows of Amn story focuses on you (Gorion's ward), in Throne of Bhaal expansion, you will see a lot more Bhaalspawns and that their fate is tied to the potential rise of the dead God (or should I say the successor's) ;)

Last edited:
Yeah its my first time playing it. I've installed the unofficial patch, apparently you need it to get rid of bugs. There's a link to it in the Steam forum; it was easy to install and everything is working smoothly. For what its worth, comments in the Steam forum suggest that the GOG version comes with the unofficial patch already installed.

Yeah, I just read through the installation guide and thought I will just pass :) Bit lazy and I don't like doing too much modification to just run the game. Hope you have fun and would like to hear your impression of the game!

Yeah, I just read through the installation guide and thought I will just pass :) Bit lazy and I don't like doing too much modification to just run the game. Hope you have fun and would like to hear your impression of the game!

Eh? I recently reinstalled Bloodlines with the +patch, and it literally took about 10 seconds to install the patch. You just point the patch installer to your main Bloodlines folder and click the button. :)

Yeah I, as a rule, find modules almost impossible to install and I don't even try, but the Bloodlines one was explained pretty thoroughly, and I had no trouble at all getting it working.

Eh? I recently reinstalled Bloodlines with the +patch, and it literally took about 10 seconds to install the patch. You just point the patch installer to your main Bloodlines folder and click the button. :)

I was like "which patch??? 9.9 or 10?? Why are there so many different versions of 10s? And what's with this I need to create a shortcut outside of steam or something?" *gives up*.

Yes, I don't look after computer, my hubby does. So I felt lazy to bother him again :p

I decided to pick up Rimworld and I'm hooked!! Sunk in 5 hours already, trying my best to not get any of my colonist killed.

Back
Top Bottom