Kingmaker - E3 Impressions @RPGamer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
RPGamer took a look at Pathfinder: Kingmaker at E3.

My demo took me to a dungeon filled with trolls that had become immune to fire damage. Given that is one of the troll’s primary weaknesses, this is a problem. Maneuvering around the dungeon was easy enough, a ring formed around the party that served as its line of sight. It felt like I was only able to move the party within this range, which did prevent me from allowing my party to travel long distances after I had cleared most of the dungeon out. The characters I was given were more powerful than they would have been otherwise so combat was no problem. That is until I made a rookie mistake and spent all my resources fighting a troll and not taking care of the mage backing it up. Yes, I wiped with an overpowered party. My only defense is I’m no good at real-time with pause.

[...]
Thanks Purpleblob!

More information.

Looks very old school, that cozy feel, even if nothing we haven't seen done before. This could reinvigorate our codexian brothers and err, brothers, and remind us all of a time when our spirits were young and hopeful and milk flowed along with honey.
What I don't like is this, sim/building part, rpgs never do this well.

This could reinvigorate our codexian brothers and err, brothers, and remind us all of a time when our spirits were young and hopeful and milk flowed along with honey.

Sadly, the Codex seems to live in the past, so there will never ever be another "good" RPG.
Nonetheless, it is a good source of news and obscure info (if you care to shovel the toxic shite away).

I'm glad I came here instead of the Codex. They spend more time hating on games than enjoying them, and they talk like edgy 12 year olds even though they're grown ass men.

I'm glad I came here instead of the Codex. They spend more time hating on games than enjoying them, and they talk like edgy 12 year olds even though they're grown ass men.

I still prefer a place that is uncensored; that being said I am not easily offended. I like both places (this and the rpgcodex). The Dex is maybe the last free and open forum out there. (Uncensored)

Game looks interesting keeping an eye on it.

I'm glad I came here instead of the Codex. They spend more time hating on games than enjoying them
You made the right choice! :D

But hating and not enjoying... Not quite true.
Hint: Neo Scavenger. ;)

Always kill those pesky mages first, then choke the others with the mages entrails. Nasty finger-wigglers!

I actually found melee class a lot tougher to deal with so far in Kingmaker. And alchemists, those bomb throwers need to be killed ASAP!

I actually found melee class a lot tougher to deal with so far in Kingmaker. And alchemists, those bomb throwers need to be killed ASAP!

Sounds great! Pathfinder greatly improved fighters in general, lots more martial feats and options. The PF paladin is pretty fun to play - we had one in our party, at higher levels you can gift your smiting ability to others around...take that evil! *whack*.

Yeah, I heard paladin is very fun to play. I'm tossing between Aasimar paladin and half elf fighter/mage for my full run :)

Pretty sure I will be human Ranger for my canon run. My love of nature and animals just lends me to that class. I tend to play with 2H greatswords though. Never been much into ranged.

Pretty sure I will be human Ranger for my canon run. My love of nature and animals just lends me to that class. I tend to play with 2H greatswords though. Never been much into ranged.

Ekun is archer ranger and he is my best ranged dps at the moment :) I try to keep his dog out of the combat though because I hate seeing party animal/pet dying :(

I am for sure going to be either a druid or sorcerer, these are two classes I most enjoy in D&D. In BG games Druid was pretty bad, a bit better in IWD.

Ekun is archer ranger and he is my best ranged dps at the moment :) I try to keep his dog out of the combat though because I hate seeing party animal/pet dying :(

You have access to the game? if yes, were you backer?

You have access to the game? if yes, were you backer?

Aye if you are a backer you get in. I have been also playing a while and its a really good game.

I haven't played as much as PurpleBlob though as I am trying to limit how much I play so I still have some new things to experience ;)

@lostforever; yes, I have beta access :) I sunk in 70+ hours, about 2/3 way into chapter 2. I would play more but I ran into a game breaking bug :(

My impression on Kingmaker? I loooovvveee it and can't wait to play the full version :)

Edit: good to see you posting again btw :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom