Thoughts on Resident Evil 6?

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch
RE 6 is coming to PC next month with very attractive features including:
- Steamworks
- No GFWL
- No GFWL
- No GFWL
- Offline split-screen co-op confirmed (rare for PC!)
- Cheap!
- Huge single player campaign and mercenaries modes

Reviews are not encourging focusing on immersion breaking QTE and cinematics.

If you have played the console version, then I would appreciate your views. In particular about the survival horror aspects, character progression, inventory management, and story.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Based on the walkthrough segment i saw it looks like you play 30% and watch 70%. Also lots of QuickTime events...

Based on the demo, I'd say it's easily the worst game in the series.

I've been a huge fan of Resident Evil since the beginning, but RE6 is barely about survival horror at all. It's even more action-oriented than RE5 was, and that was a lot.

I still plan on buying it for the PS3, but not until I can get it for $20 or less. I don't bother with Capcom PC ports anymore, and I prefer to play the RE games on my PS3/Wii anyways.

RE 1-3 + re code veronica were all true survival horror games.

RE 4 took series to a whole different direction. The game had quite many dumb ass features like gun merhants, but it also tried to revise the old concept. At times it felt like a proper resident evil game, atleast the first half of the game. So I admit enjoying RE 4 for what it was. Even though the new zombie design was a difficult thing for me to accept, the game sure had it's moments.

RE 5 however was a pure action game with only hint of survival horror element left. I belive the gameplay was solid enough for an action game, but to me its not what the resident evil series is about. So this game was an huge dissapointment.

I sort of lost hope for the series after RE 4. Clearly I'm not part of their new audience. So I'm not going to buy RE6. The series have changed too much.

RE4 surprised me w/ great environments, interesting enemies, and what would turn into my favorite boss battles of all time. Loved that game, crappy QTEs and all. Yeah, the 'horror' wasnt out front and center, but it was still there. Kinda.

Still, I loved that game.

So the game went totally action on Re5? Makes sense that the next one would go even further down the spiral, check out this uncharacteristically scathing Gamespot Video review.

It looks like one big quicktime event! Even worse, it really shoves them down your throat, even in the middle of firefights, i really REALLY hate that. I have 5 but havent tried it yet, but I definitely wont be playing this game from the looks of it.

Yeah, Resident Evil 4 was fantastic. It was RE 5 that started the series downhill. I didn't care for the co-op focus.

Enjoyed every bit of RE4, the atmosphere, the zombies, the boss fights, the merchants, the weapons, the varied environments - it was brilliant and long by today's standards (it took me about 30 hours to complete). I played it on my laptop and used keyboard for the aiming as it did not support mouse aiming - but I did very well with the keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom