Encased - First Content Expansion December 14th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The first content expansion for Encased is set for December 14th. Encased is currently in Steam Early Access.

First Content Expansion Launches December 14th

Experience a completely reworked prologue and see the real wasteland in the first story act.
5c2da2b04b3a90908a87f0b5b44debab2b660fd2.png
Greeting employees!Today we have finally deciphered classified radio transmissions from the Dome and learned details of the next major Encased update. The most important information is that the patch will be available on December 14th! You won't have to wait until Christmas or New Year's Eve to start a new adventure. Experience a completely reworked prologue and see the real wasteland in the first story act. First content expansion will have a lot of new content, such as:

• New prologue;
  • Main quest expansion;
  • Companions;
  • Psy abilities;
  • Medicine, heavy weapon and hi-tech weapon skill trees were expanded and fixed;
  • Destructible objects;
  • Traps, mines and explosives with different types of damage were added;
  • Weapons with AOE damage were reworked;
  • Ammo system was redesigned;
  • Game economy was changed;
  • Some UI elements were updated;
  • New perks.
Steam page and Steam community are the most important for us - we are going to follow up those closely for your feedback on the game.
[...]

More information.

Well given how bad the introduction was and the frankly uninspired writing this could be a good sign. I know I sound harsh. The actual game mechanics and graphics were competent. This writing establishing the setting, less so. In my opinion.

Well, the goal with the reworked opening was to skip a lot of fluff and exposition and get the player actually playing the game sooner, with less running back and forth in the nice, safe Magellan Station. Unknown if that will include improved writing.

Repulsive GUI and uninspiring lame graphics.
@mercy;, the games you love have absolutely terrible graphics!
I get a lot of your criticism but really? Graphics? :)

Last edited:
Well given how bad the introduction was and the frankly uninspired writing this could be a good sign. I know I sound harsh. The actual game mechanics and graphics were competent. This writing establishing the setting, less so. In my opinion.
Och it is that bad? I haven't followed the development for a while? Hopefully it improves as its not finished yet, and I foresee many more content updates for Early Access.

I don't know how some people are getting these negative opinions.
I have watched two streams of the of the game for 12+ hours and the beginning is actually much more interesting then most games I've played it's it's good or better than anything in the first two Fallout games, with more and different things to do larger area, better NPCs.
This is on par with with all all all the best isometrics right now as far as the beginning section. So what exactly are the problems in detail? About writing there's no main story in the beginning it's just Mission writing and I thought that was perfectly fine of course there's a translation thing but that's it.

Och it is that bad? I haven't followed the development for a while? Hopefully it improves as its not finished yet, and I foresee many more content updates for Early Access.

Back
Top Bottom