Warcraft 3 Reforged is total bullcrap

Can anyone tell me what good games blizzard released since WC3? It all went downhill for me since WoW which is from 2004.

I guess it doesn't help that strategy games are a dying market. Still sometimes I'm tempted to buy SC2 (for the campaign) for old times sake.

Can anyone tell me what good games blizzard released since WC3? It all went downhill for me since WoW which is from 2004.

I guess it doesn't help that strategy games are a dying market. Still sometimes I'm tempted to buy SC2 (for the campaign) for old times sake.

SC2 is pretty good. I like Overwatch, but can't really recommend it if you're not into that sort of game. But I haven't played it in over a year so maybe they broke it in the meantime since they are constantly re-balancing it.

I guess it doesn't help that strategy games are a dying market.
Errr, what!? XCOM and BattleTech are more tactical but what about Solaris? Gal Civ 3? Endless Space? RTS games have been rattling around at the bottom of the barrel but there's a lot more out there.

Errr, what!? XCOM and BattleTech are more tactical but what about Solaris? Gal Civ 3? Endless Space? RTS games have been rattling around at the bottom of the barrel but there's a lot more out there.
The genre is actually having a small golden age right now. The problem is certain sub-genres are being ignored in favor of others. I want more C&C and Dune RTS.:(

Man I agree. Though Starcraft 2 was the last Blizzard game I cared to play. It's basically the same game as the original Starcraft, but with better graphics that's all.

Don't care for MMO's or the latest Diablo games all that much.

Sorry, I meant real-time strategy games and dying might have been too strong, but as you mentioned RTS are certainly at the bottom of the barrel.

At least I have the impression that not a lot of innovation is being done in the RTS genre. The last thing I remember is adding hero units with abilities (Warcraft).

The genre is actually having a small golden age right now. The problem is certain sub-genres are being ignored in favor of others. I want more C&C and Dune RTS.
Yes, I guess I'm old as that is what I mean with RTS :) Truthfully, when I google some now there are more than I expected.

Yes, I guess I'm old as that is what I mean with RTS :) Truthfully, when I google some now there are more than I expected.
Look on the bright-side ten years ago MOBA's were all the rage. I remember every developer claiming RTS games were dead just because they didn't have mass appeal.

My how the times have changed.

Refunds are now being offered.

Sorry, I meant real-time strategy games and dying might have been too strong, but as you mentioned RTS are certainly at the bottom of the barrel.
They are too demanding for current players.
Actually, one point of interest is that WC3 plays slowlier, hence a possible open door to attract players.
At least I have the impression that not a lot of innovation is being done in the RTS genre. The last thing I remember is adding hero units with abilities (Warcraft).
Relics tried a few things. It did not catch on.
Nothing that was not done in the past and of lesser quality due to differences in budgets.

The problem is Blizzard's new EULA that says: "all your base belong to us". Any additional content created by players is automatically owned by Blizzard. Yes, wtf.
Even Bethesda didn't dare to enforce ownership on mods others created.

I heard from a then-beta player that NWN had originally a similar rule.
He also told me that it was withdrawn after protests.

In a way, this is similar to a vendor selling colours and brushes, and then saying : Every painting you created with these tools belong to me. Or someoine creating a font and then saying : Every text you use this font with automatically belongs to me.

Back
Top Bottom