S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Gameplay Trailer - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Gameplay Trailer

Default S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Gameplay Trailer

June 15th, 2021, 21:04
Have to admit I like the trailer.
But it doesn't say if this new game will repeat what made me uninstall the first game after half an hour.
Instarespawns. Back or not? I guess I'll have tho wait till the game is released.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 200 Post(s)

June 15th, 2021, 21:05
Originally Posted by fatknacker50 View Post
Pre-rendered footage and cp2077 vibes. Pre orders require you to mortgage your house and offer your first born as payment…
Eh? Did you watch a different trailer? Also, the price is the same as any other new title.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)

June 15th, 2021, 23:01
Wow. Just incredible. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

elkston

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

June 15th, 2021, 23:31
Looks great. I loved the original Stalker. Have to admit I never got into the others. May have to give CoP another try before the new one.

xenocide

Watchdog
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 15th, 2021, 23:35
Originally Posted by xenocide View Post
Looks great. I loved the original Stalker. Have to admit I never got into the others. May have to give CoP another try before the new one.
I never really properly played any of them. I have owned CoP for years and have technically played it, but I didn't get very far. I absolutely love the atmosphere, but couldn't get into the gameplay flow. This trailer sent me looking for mods to update CoP for possibly another try. Thinking about Anomaly.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

June 15th, 2021, 23:55
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I never really properly played any of them. I have owned CoP for years and have technically played it, but I didn't get very far. I absolutely love the atmosphere, but couldn't get into the gameplay flow. This trailer sent me looking for mods to update CoP for possibly another try. Thinking about Anomaly.
Just curious, but you know CoP is the third game in the trilogy right? I'd recommend starting with SoC.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

June 16th, 2021, 00:19
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Just curious, but you know CoP is the third game in the trilogy right? I'd recommend starting with SoC.
Yeah, I know it's the 3rd. Seems to be the best, though, from what I've heard. From what I understand, SoC was much loved but also buggy as hell and Clear Skies (?) was the worst of the three. I probably won't end up ever playing through all of them so I'm fine just playing CoP. And if I ever end up loving it and finishing it, I'm fine going in wackological order.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

+1:

June 16th, 2021, 00:29
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
Yeah, I know it's the 3rd. Seems to be the best, though, from what I've heard. From what I understand, SoC was much loved but also buggy as hell and Clear Skies (?) was the worst of the three. I probably won't end up ever playing through all of them so I'm fine just playing CoP. And if I ever end up loving it and finishing it, I'm fine going in wackological order.
All three of them were pretty buggy at release tbh, but most of the bugs have long been squashed with various mods. If you do decide to play SoC, check out the Starter Pack mod. I think it's probably the best mod for a first-time player. It fixes a lot of things while staying true to the original experience.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

June 16th, 2021, 00:30
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Eh? Did you watch a different trailer? Also, the price is the same as any other new title.
Did you check out the 3 pre-orders? last time I paid for a game it didn't cost close to a hundred pounds… I almost bit, nice try

fatknacker50

Sentinel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

June 16th, 2021, 01:02
I too highly recommend starting with Shadow of Chernobyl. CoP is not as scary nor as atmospheric as SoC in my opinion.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

June 16th, 2021, 01:25
Did you check out the 3 pre-orders? last time I paid for a game it didn't cost close to a hundred pounds… I almost bit, nice try
Are we going to pretend this is the first game to have deluxe/ultimate/whatever versions? This is standard stuff. But the game is $59.99… like JDR13 said, just like any other new (AAA) title.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

June 16th, 2021, 01:32
Too shootery for me, but looks good. Maybe something I can try on a sale, when all bugs have been ironed out.

Nereida

Mentioned: Post(s)

June 16th, 2021, 17:19
Well….it is also on gamepass…..
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

June 16th, 2021, 23:39
finally a game one can be excited about hopefully they improve the AI…

Dolby

Watcher

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

June 16th, 2021, 23:49
Seems to be UE4 dialed up to 11, with all the trimmings. Could definitely run on top end PCs, but I'll be very pleasantly surprised if it makes it to release looking like that.

But, graphics aside, the best thing about this is the quality of the writing and performances. I really hope they do pull this off, because their talent and judgement in that area looks like it could put them in a rare group of developers.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

June 17th, 2021, 00:42
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
But, graphics aside, the best thing about this is the quality of the writing and performances. I really hope they do pull this off, because their talent and judgement in that area looks like it could put them in a rare group of developers.
I think the older Stalker games (and Metro) have a lot of very good writing, storytelling and characterization. Sometimes you have to look past some rough around the edges, translated from Russian jankiness, but to me at least it shines through. I agree that though I made an O face at the visuals, it's the quality storytelling on display even in this brief trailer that gives me hope this game will be truly something.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

June 19th, 2021, 12:39
Impressive! Between this and Dying Light 2, we must get at least one good game

Ivanwah

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Gameplay Trailer