Pricewatch!

Pillars of Eternity is £6.29 at …

Bargain.

This however isn't a legitimate reseller but grey market.
Meaning you might get games which are not working, intended for another region or at some point circumvented laws (like taxes) to get a cheaper price.

Most of pages like these are based in Hong Kong though. This page isn't showing where their legal location is.
In any case, the developer or publisher will almost profit as much if you buy from pages like these as if you pirate it and I'd advise against buying there.

A page which helps with that is: http://keyradar.com/
Just type in the url of the page and check if it's legit.

Ah. Fair enough.

You can pay by Paypal, so you can always "dispute" anything which isn't working. And I think most major retailers -- including Steam, Apple, Amazon etc. -- are based in tax havens, typically Luxembourg.

But the potential lack of develop cut does concern me. How sure are you about this being significantly smaller than, e.g., Steam (as I'm sure the margins there are tight, particularly during sales)? I'll pick up the DLC at full price.

These cheap key resellers are usually supplied by companies who licensed the game for a certain region. From the point of view of a Russian or Chinese wholesaler it makes a lot of sense to generate 100k more keys and sell them internationally for 3$ a piece to other shops. The game's publisher will then get the royalties he negotiated with the wholesaler and the developer the cut he negotiated with the publisher. Which is probably a few percent of 20 percent of not much.

Dungeons 2 is on GOG now, and half price. I think it's supposed to be a bit more of a dungeon simulator than War for the Overworld's RTS-ness.

Yeah, I was just about to pop in here to say The Saboteur is £1.27 on Origin. It's well worth a play.

impire is c. $5 on steam
war for the overworld is c. $18 on humble store sale… should be valid until tomorrow o.w. it'll be over 1p edt $23 for the 'deluxe'

The Saints Row games are on sale this weekend at Steam, and it's a Free Weekend, so you can try them out first. I think I've made my feelings on the series clear, but they're definitely worth a look if you want something fun and actiony. :)

The Saints Row games are on sale this weekend at Steam, and it's a Free Weekend, so you can try them out first. I think I've made my feelings on the series clear, but they're definitely worth a look if you want something fun and actiony. :)

Even better, so is XCOM: EU. Great game, and a steal at 75% off. :)

Additionally, Dark Souls 1 is 75% off also, and Dark Souls 2: SotFS is 50% off.

Guy are you aware of nazeboo.com ?
Is basically a price comparison site specific for games.

well , i dont see games like GTA V. I guess is there any deal is dealing just with deals :D

Even better, so is XCOM: EU. Great game, and a steal at 75% off. :)

Additionally, Dark Souls 1 is 75% off also, and Dark Souls 2: SotFS is 50% off.

I got Dark Souls 2. It doesn't seem like a game for me, but after all the praise I have heard on this forum, I'm willing to give it a go...
It will need to wait until I finish this playthrough as a merc on AoD first though.

Well is not as good as DS1 that's for sure. I suggest you play first one so u could see why I'm saying this :p

Sorry to get off the topic but I've always wanted to try Dark Souls but don't own a game controller, is the game that impossible to play with just a mouse and keyboard?

Well, there is an excellent fan patch, if you have that it both looks and plays great, with mouse and keyboard.

Without the patch you can't play the game even with a controller so….. :D

Yes, but I must shamelessly admit that I've bought a controller just for it. It felt more good. But again is only my opinion.

Guy are you aware of nazeboo.com ?
Is basically a price comparison site specific for games.

Nice.. I bookmarked it.

I've been using CheapShark for a long time. They only search the more popular sellers, but you can look for any game and set up a price alert so they'll email you as soon as it hits a certain price.

Some of those websites really make me wonder how long gaming companies are going to keep giving deals to poorer nations. If they just sell them all off to richer nations anyway, what's the point?

Anyway, Grimrock 1 & 2 are 75% off on GOG. So are Van Helsing 1 & 2.

Back
Top Bottom