Second, the other people weren't systematically put into camps and murdered.
Third, the other people didn't all get kicked out of their homes due to their religion (or even their grandparents' religion).
The Poles were one of the people Hitler expressively wanted eliminated and certainly were in the camps in large numbers.
I'm not going to start going through all the ethnic and religious groups killed in the camps but you're so far off-base on this part of your comment it's hilarious.
How do you manage to drum up such an amount of 'moral' outrage while knowing so little about the subject?

Again, in all seriousness, some of my ancestors were well and truly fucked by Whitey McTalkington wandering into what little territory remained, going on and on about how important his religion was, how exceptional his people, how his this house.

So please choose an avatar with a little fashion sense.

edit: Do you know who else had great fashion sense?

I agree that the Finns and all others who were harmed should get compensated. There are many differences however.
First, the people weren't making fun of the Finns and the others.
Second, the other people weren't systematically put into camps and murdered.
Third, the other people didn't all get kicked out of their homes due to their religion (or even their grandparents' religion).

Other than that we agree. I think making fun of dead people is bad, but it's only natural it touches me in particular when other people make fun of people like me.

More than 20 million people died during the war, so it's not like Jews were the only one. But Finns or Russians weren't the ones stuck in ghettos and they're not the ones whose symbols are being made fun of in this thread.

Yeah guys, you are really insensitive to the harsh treatment jews have had to endure during the centuries. Not even black people have been so universally hated by everyone as the Jews have. These are not joking matters, people have died. And you should feel bad for poking fun at it, how can you live with yourselves?

3523fj4.gif

Jesus fucking christ, can you believe this guy?

The Poles were one of the people Hitler expressively wanted eliminated and certainly were in the camps in large numbers.
I'm not going to start going through all the ethnic and religious groups killed in the camps but you're so far off-base on this part of your comment it's hilarious.
How do you manage to drum up such an amount of 'moral' outrage while knowing so little about the subject?

I apologize, you're right. I've been writing these responses too fast and I've made a mistake. (See, I can admit to my mistakes)

Basically, my original point however was in very simple terms :
- Laughing about people's deaths is wrong.
- People here are joking about Jews' deaths.
- I'm arguing against laughing about Jews' deaths.

You can talk to me about all the other people who died during the second WW if you want, but people weren't talking about them before and only brought them up after I was talking about Jews.

- Stop laughing at people's deaths.

I am Jewish and it's because people didn't speak out early enough then that it happened. I find it's important for people to know that making fun of other people's deaths is not funny. Most people understand that and do not make fun of their own relatives' or friends' deaths. Why would you do so of other people.

People back then used to laugh about Jews too and it was all a joke until it wasn't.

Anti-semitism has a pretty fucking long history man. It wasn't like people started telling some jewish jokes and all the sudden Jews were sent to the camps.

And don't tell us what's funny and what's not.

Also, making fun of stuff is pretty usual way of coping with shittiness of life. So I find those jokes funny, even if I feel bad for people who died.

That's because I'm talking about people being killed in the gas chambers or dying from hunger in ghettos and camps rather than from old age. That's because I'm talking about losing everything they owned. That's because I'm talking about people losing their loved ones and their friends.

My family is not from Belgium - or at least not most of it - and the ones that survived only did so because they escaped from Europe in time.

It's a shame people treat this as something funny. It's a shame people think that murder is funny.

Hey guess what, European Gypsy(Grandfather moved to America after getting out of a camp, fathered my mother with a lovely Cajun woman) here, tell me, what did the gypsies get after WW2, did we get a country? No, we lost the ability to be considered capable of raising children in most European nations, in Romania, it's still common for the government to sweep Gypsy camps and take their children.

Further, do you have a full on stereotype where everyone somehow thinks you magic, or that you cheat at cards, just because you're a gypsy.

DOES YOUR RACE GET ACCUSED OF BEING CHEATS AND LIARS. BY THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE EVER USED THE TERM GYPED.

What did the Jewish get after WW2, a very large strip of land, instant civil rights, and people actually you know feeling bad about what happened to them. What did the gypsies and homosexuals get, well the majority of people in the world don't even realize that in addition to the 2 million Jews, there were a million gypsies, and further 2 million homosexuals and general political dissidents. Where the Jews got instant, don't fuck with us, Holocaust. Gypsies got a 70 year civil rights battle to be able to be even considered worthy of having KIDS, in addition to going back to a culture who are blatantly and completely prejudiced against them. A civil rights battle that rages even today, as we are denied even the basic tenants that would grant us an actual ethnicity. What are Gypsies, we come from India, they kicked us out for being too culty, then we bummed around in Europe for a bit(ok a millennia and a half). We are a distinct culture separated from most other European races. Because we were deliberately separated from the European cultures. But do the we get an actual listing as an ethnicity on applications? When I signed up for college, where was the little check box next to Gypsy, we're rolled into Caucasian. In spite of the fact that there are just as many Gypsies in the US as there are JEWS.

Do I freak when I see a holocaust joke, no. Even though those are the exact thoughts that spring to mind. Get over your petty perceptions of white on black morality. My grandfather lost his brother, he lost his mother, he lost his sisters, he met his first love, got married and had her get killed shortly thereafter. He was 10 when he entered, 18 when he emerged pale and scarred, with horrors inflicted upon him you and I can't possibly even imagine.

Did his race get recompense? No.
Did yours, yes, however slight it may seem to you at this time. You got your homeland back, we got to be forced to live in conditions the Amish would gawk at.

You have no room to gripe.

Anti-semitism has a pretty fucking long history man. It wasn't like people started telling some jewish jokes and all the sudden Jews were sent to the camps.

And don't tell us what's funny and what's not.

Also, making fun of stuff is pretty usual way of coping with shittiness of life. So I find those jokes funny, even if I feel bad for people who died.

I'm not saying saying that, nor am I saying that joking in general is bad.

If you've ever felt the loss of a loved one, you'd know what I'm talking about though and if someone made fun of that loved one you would certainly not start laughing about it.

I'm not saying saying that, nor am I saying that joking in general is bad.

If you've ever felt the loss of a loved one, you'd know what I'm talking about though and if someone made fun of that loved one you would certainly not start laughing about it.

Pladio, I hope you realize the only thing you will accomplish here is getting more and more pissed off.

Do you know who ELSE accomplished nothing but getting more and more pissed off?

That's right.

I am Jewish and it's because people didn't speak out early enough then that it happened.

Wait what? The holocaust happened because people didn't speak out about… itself before it happened?

BRIAN = BLOWN

Hey guess what, European Gypsy(Grandfather moved to America after getting out of a camp, fathered my mother with a lovely Cajun woman) here, tell me, what did the gypsies get after WW2, did we get a country? No, we lost the ability to be considered capable of raising children in most European nations, in Romania, it's still common for the government to sweep Gypsy camps and take their children.

Further, do you have a full on stereotype where everyone somehow thinks you magic, or that you cheat at cards, just because you're a gypsy.

DOES YOUR RACE GET ACCUSED OF BEING CHEATS AND LIARS. BY THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE EVER USED THE TERM GYPED.

What did the Jewish get after WW2, a very large strip of land, instant civil rights, and people actually you know feeling bad about what happened to them. What did the gypsies and homosexuals get, well the majority of people in the world don't even realize that in addition to the 2 million Jews, there were a million gypsies, and further 2 million homosexuals and general political dissidents. Where the Jews got instant, don't fuck with us, Holocaust. Gypsies got a 70 year civil rights battle to be able to be even considered worthy of having KIDS, in addition to going back to a culture who are blatantly and completely prejudiced against them. A civil rights battle that rages even today, as we are denied even the basic tenants that would grant us an actual ethnicity. What are Gypsies, we come from India, they kicked us out for being too culty, then we bummed around in Europe for a bit(ok a millennia and a half). We are a distinct culture separated from most other European races. Because we were deliberately separated from the European cultures. But do the we get an actual listing as an ethnicity on applications? When I signed up for college, where was the little check box next to Gypsy, we're rolled into Caucasian. In spite of the fact that there are just as many Gypsies in the US as there are JEWS.

Do I freak when I see a holocaust joke, no. Even though those are the exact thoughts that spring to mind. Get over your petty perceptions of white on black morality. My grandfather lost his brother, he lost his mother, he lost his sisters, he met his first love, got married and had her get killed shortly thereafter. He was 10 when he entered, 18 when he emerged pale and scarred, with horrors inflicted upon him you and I can't possibly even imagine.

Did his race get recompense? No.
Did yours, yes, however slight it may seem to you at this time. You got your homeland back, we got to be forced to live in conditions the Amish would gawk at.

You have no room to gripe.

Have I been laughing at Gypsies ? No!

And you should freak when hearing a Holocaust joke. that's the point!
Except for a few facts you got wrong too like Jews not being called liars, them getting instant civil rights, it being 2 million Jews and maybe a few other things I missed, you're right.

Jews did get a land of their own and are still under threat everywhere they live including Israel.

My friends playing football when we were young used to get into fights with people saying : "Jews go back to the gas chambers"

A Jewish family's house got burned two years ago in Antwerp. A bus of Jewish kids got rocks thrown at them when going to a museum too.

So if you think Jews are all living in happy-land you might be wrong.

And again: I am not laughing about gypsies dying.

Pladio, I hope you realize the only thing you will accomplish here is getting more and more pissed off.

You're probably right. Unfortunately, I do not know how to ignore all the RPGCodex people at the same time. It'd be useful for my heart, wouldn't it ?;)

- Stop laughing at people's deaths.

Oh... I see it now. My apologies, I believe we started off with the wrong foot.

I don't discriminate against the jews. I laugh at people's deaths equally and democratically, independent of religion or ethnicity.

Wait what? The holocaust happened because people didn't speak out about… itself before it happened?

BRIAN = BLOWN

Majestic shitstorm approaching!!! Oh shi…

homer-eating-popcorn.jpg

Oh… I see it now. My apologies, I believe we started off with the wrong foot.

I don't discriminate against the jews. I laugh at people's deaths equally and democratically, independent of religion or ethnicity.
I'd say It's common sense, really.

Back
Top Bottom