Daggerfall Unity - Alpha in a few days

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Wasn't this perfectly playable in DosBox?

Last edited:
Wasn't this perfectly playable in DoxBox?

Sure, however they updated a lot of stuff as well as made modifications.

Plays a lot better even in it's current state.

This is one I'll likely try out, once it is fully released and tested. I've not played it in at least ten years, so I'm hoping it will feel kind of new to me, all over again.

One of my favorite updates is the dungeon maps. They were solid waste and have been made 3d-cool and useful.

I was just looking at their mod folder...wow....there are a lot of mods for this, that's another bonus to this.

Now now, this is starting to sound interesting :)

The endless hollow dungeons were a big minus for me - back in the day.

If they've improved quests as well, this might be a neat nostalgia trip.

Some nice updated texture packs too...hand drawn for some.

I'm supposing the Daggerall Unity also works with GOG'S Daggerfall, am I right?

Yes. Just run Daggerfall Unity.exe to start the configuration process. Direct Daggerfall Unity to the C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Daggerfall folder (or wherever you installed to).

The one thing about Daggerfall for me was the endless possibilities. After all these years I still remember leaving the first cave and looking at the world map. It seemed like you could do anything. The manual was well done also. I read through it at the start to try and make the character I would enjoy the most. A Dark Elf Battle Mage.

I just installed and played Daggerfall Unity yesterday. Very easy to set up. I had a good time doing the starter dungeon and going to the first city. Did a few fighter guild quests. The dungeons are a lot more confusing than Skyrims. Think I'm going to make someone with more mana, because if I remember correctly, the spell maker in this game is fun. Also, I think the item enchanter is in the mages guild.

Back
Top Bottom