Pricewatch!

Someone feel free to explain to me what the heck the fourth of May has to do with Star Wars. Unless I'm a complete idiot, I thought the very first flick released on the twenty-fifth of May, in 1977. Is the fourth some other anniversary, maybe of the prequels?
Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Day
Star Wars Day is an informal commemorative day observed annually on May 4 to celebrate George Lucas' Star Wars media franchise. Observance of the day spread quickly through media and grassroots celebrations since the franchise began in 1977.

Someone feel free to explain to me what the heck the fourth of May has to do with Star Wars. Unless I'm a complete idiot, I thought the very first flick released on the twenty-fifth of May, in 1977. Is the fourth some other anniversary, maybe of the prequels?

It's the unofficial Star Wars day.
Because... May the 4th Be With You! ;)

"May the 4th" sounds like "May the force [be with you]".

That makes no sense to me yet ok. Like, the anniversaries for Star Trek, Twin Peaks and others actually have meaning, this one just seems ultra odd. Then again, I always was more of a Star Trek bloke, and I mean real Star Trek, not these current godawful iterations.

I think it's just so they can say "may the fourth be with you", but hopefully there's a better reason.

(sorry, I thought this was the most recent post when I replied... sadly, I see that I was correct)

Latest Humble Choice at HumbleBundle has Metro Exodus in it. It's an excellent game, and JDR13 agrees with me. :)
Now that I own it for realz thru the bundle (played it on MS GamePass thing) I'll get the DLCs which are on sale at Humble (55% off expansion pass, plus another 15% if you're a Humble Choice subscriber).

Other biggish games are Darksiders Genesis and Hellpoint (which I didn't really like the demo of, but maybe it gets better?).

Family Man is an RPG that looks… interesting.

Not a game but a whole bunch of MassEffect goodies - for free:
https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effec...ry-edition/mass-effect-bonus-content-download

OST, Art Books, issue #1 of two comics and whatever litograph.
I do have both printed comics collecions (hardcovers ofc) and artbooks already, but just can't say no to the music.

Note that, surprise surprise, not every score is included.
Again.
Because EA says so.
Luckily we still have YT where EA bullshits on fans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjDt3N9H210

EA's lawyers are probably forecasting doom and gloom based on technicalities like international copyright law and licensing agreements. ;)

It's still got 88 tracks so I'm certainly happy! Thanks for posting!

And free game is NBA lol
Return of the unskippable adds I bet.

Oh some sports I quite enjoy, I love futbol, gaelic futbol also, and rugby. Even the CFL and NFL (to a far lesser degree) can be worth watching. And hockey, which I adore and admire more than words can say!! I've just never cared for basketball, nor really understood much about it as a sport. It wasn't a popular activity where I grew up, out of a family with ten children, not a one of them had any interest in that sport.

Oh some sports I quite enjoy, I love futbol, gaelic futbol also, and rugby. Even the CFL and NFL (to a far lesser degree) can be worth watching. And hockey, which I adore and admire more than words can say!! I've just never cared for basketball, nor really understood much about it as a sport. It wasn't a popular activity where I grew up, out of a family with ten children, not a one of them had any interest in that sport.

I personally LOVE basketball having grown up in the Bird / Magic / Jordan era (pinnacle of basketball IMO), and immediately grabbed the NBA 2k21 game … I have honestly not had great success with one of these games since the 80s. I can manage the baseball and NFL games, and of course golf is excellent as a video game … but for whatever reason basketball never worked for me.

Nod, like I've played some of the FIFA games, the futbol ones, and of course I flirted with some of the Madden games back in the eighties and nineties. I just never had a yearning to play basketball, either in real life or in video games. Then again, different strokes for different folks and all that. =)

Back
Top Bottom