Biomutant - Official May The Furrth Trailer - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Biomutant - Official May The Furrth Trailer

Default Biomutant - Official May The Furrth Trailer

May 6th, 2021, 20:25
It's interesting to me that playing a talking animal character in a game makes you a "furry". Does playing a robed wizard make you a LARPer? Does playing, I don't know, Call of Duty make you a soldier? Role-playing games consist of nothing but playing characters who look or dress up in ways that most of us will never consider looking or dressing up, but somehow this is different? I don't dress up as Deadpool or whatever when I go to comic cons, and I wouldn't dress up like a cast member from Cats, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't play as a bear paladin or whatever.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

May 6th, 2021, 20:40
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
A few years ago it was fine to torture people when they said the Earth wasn't the center of the Universe or burn women at the town center accused of witchery.
Huh? How the fuck did I miss that?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)

May 6th, 2021, 20:49
Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
It's surprising what people are offended by these days. A few years ago, my comment would've elicited a chuckle. It was never meant to be demeaning to anyone. There is nothing wrong with you if you like furry rpgs. The same can't be said for those who can't tolerate opinions differing from their own.
Welcome to 2021. I agree that people are offended way too easily lately.

That said, I think you might be making a mistake by dismissing Biomutant so quickly. I'm not a fan at all of the character design, but the world and exploration look really solid from what I've seen. It's also post-apoc, so that's more bonus points right there afaic.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 6th, 2021, 21:01
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Welcome to 2021. I agree that people are offended way too easily lately.

That said, I think you might be making a mistake by dismissing Biomutant so quickly. I'm not a fan at all of the character design, but the world and exploration look really solid from what I've seen. It's also post-apoc, so that's more bonus points right there afaic.
I personally wasn't offended, but to make such a clearly discriminating comment and then come out saying "oh, did I really offend people?" was just absurd. If you want to be a douche, sure, but at least own it up when you are confronted about it.

In any case, to return to the topic, I think the furry thing may be going too far now. I personally don't like that the protagonist is some sort of raccoon, and I can't tell if that's why the game doesn't look appealing to me, but I can't find any other reason, as the game looks good in general.

Nereida

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

May 6th, 2021, 21:12
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
In any case, to return to the topic, I think the furry thing may be going too far now. I personally don't like that the protagonist is some sort of raccoon, and I can't tell if that's why the game doesn't look appealing to me, but I can't find any other reason, as the game looks good in general.
I can't say I've ever wanted to roleplay a raccoon, but honestly, I think I'd get over it within the first few hours *if* the game is good.

I almost didn't play Horizon Zero Dawn because I couldn't stand the way Aloy looked at first in addition to not wanting to play a female protagonist anyways. It annoyed me for all of about the first 2 hours. I ended up playing it for around 170.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 6th, 2021, 21:38
Ahhh, the fond memories I have of playing Chilly Willy, my ferocious, mutated penguin from the Gamma World pnp game. Gosh, if a video game came along that allowed me to capture even a tenth of that enjoyment, I'd pony up the funds immediately, no questions asked!! Such is most of life, I suspect, trying to recapture those older, splendid memories.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

May 6th, 2021, 21:42
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Ahhh, the fond memories I have of playing Chilly Willy, my ferocious, mutated penguin from the Gamma World pnp game. Gosh, if a video game came along that allowed me to capture even a tenth of that enjoyment, I'd pony up the funds immediately, no questions asked!! Such is most of life, I suspect, trying to recapture those older, splendid memories.
*Edit* I misinterpreted that. I thought you were being sarcastic at first.
Last edited by JDR13; May 7th, 2021 at 03:12.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 6th, 2021, 22:51
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It seems like we're seeing more furies-like RPGs of late. Soon we'll probably see a game based on the Redwall series.
Redwall!
I enjoyed the early books in that series when I was in my mid-teens (I understand there's a heap of them now).
I'd totally welcome a computer RPG that was faithful to them. I distinctly remember a barbarian sparrow and big armoured badgers.

As for this game, I think it shows definite promise, but I'll def be waiting on reviews etc.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

May 8th, 2021, 08:02
I chuckled at this trailer. I'm pretty sure my kids will love this and we'll have a blast taking turns playing this.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 8th, 2021, 19:41
Originally Posted by SveNitoR View Post
I chuckled at this trailer. I'm pretty sure my kids will love this and we'll have a blast taking turns playing this.
Let us know what you think if you end up getting it. I'm interested in hearing some first-hand impressions.. especially in regards to the exploration and combat.

There seems to be a review embargo until it's released, but I'd rather hear user opinions anyways.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 8th, 2021, 20:37
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Let us know what you think if you end up getting it. I'm interested in hearing some first-hand impressions.. especially in regards to the exploration and combat.

There seems to be a review embargo until it's released, but I'd rather hear user opinions anyways.
Sure. If I buy it I will write some words about it.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Biomutant - Official May The Furrth Trailer