Gothic 2 NOTR - Canthar Pass? help

max killen

Watchdog
am playing Gothic NOTR and accepted the Gate Pass from Canthar and of course nothing in life is free. In town, he wants payment for the pass: putting false evidence in a shop keepers goods. I elected to turn Canthar in to Andre. I have played the game before; but I thought it would be all right to do that and then after Canthar got arrested, I went into cell and was able to knock him out, and steal everything from him. I left and went back into the jail and saw Canthar standing up looking at me. I talked to him and he said I had done a bad thing and if I gave him 100 gold, he would forget about it. I gave him 100 gold and then he said something like, things are not done with us and he will see me later.

I thought before, I was able to kill him and that was it. I replayed the Canthar in the cell again and kept hitting him with my sword; but he would not die. Should I have not talked to him and I beat him up, should not have given him the 100 gold, or should I have not taken the pass in the first place

Hm, I finished G2 a couple of times, but never actually killed the guy. As far as I know, if you decide to frame him and let Sarah keep her shop, he'll end up behind that shop in Chapter 3 anyway. He has then made sure none of the shopkeepers will sell you anything unless you pay him a big sum of money. This is how I always played it, and afaik you're not supposed to kill the guy. You either frame him or Sarah.

My guess is that you can kill him by finishing him off(click+W in G1) when you beat him up. I doubt that killing him will prevent the merchants turning against you later in the game so you should probably pay him those 100 gold coins.

I guess I kind of forgot how to kill someone.

I replayed the stomping of Canthar and this time, as a quote from The Godfathers, "He is sleeping with the fishes"

This won't help you with those sleeping with the rats ;)

Back
Top Bottom