Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Patch 2.4.0 Live

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Diablo III's patch 2.4.0 is now live. Greyhollow Island has been added, along with 24 new dungeons and a new combat mode, among tons of other things.

The Diablo 3 2.4.0 patch has been unleashed upon the Americas, and as promised, it's a biggie. It adds a new forested locale called Greyhollow Island, new additions to the Ruins of Sescheron and Leoric's Manor zones, 24 custom-designed “set dungeons” built around specific class sets, empowered Rifts, Season Rebirths, a revised Buff Bar, and the addition of "Action Combat," which is apparently a popular feature on the console versions of the game, to the PC edition. And those are just the big bits.

The patch also makes a multitude of smaller changes and additions to the game, which you can learn more about by way of the video above. Blizzard noted that the patch is currently only live in the Americas region, so there's no need for alarm if you're not prompted to download it right away. However, if your home region is set to the Americas, you won't be able to log into Europe or Asia until those regions have also been patched. When that will happen, Blizzard did not say.

A detailed breakdown of the Diablo 3 2.4.0 patch can be found on Battle.net.
Source.

More information.

Another fantastic patch! I played a bit yesterday and perhaps the biggest change is the inclusion of some of the console combat bonuses. Now you get a speed boost for breaking stuff in the environment, which makes the game play so much faster.

Plus my Hardcore Demon Hunter Marauder's build got an insanely huge boost: "Damage bonus per active Sentry increased from 100% to 600%." I suddenly become very, very powerful!

Anyway, another awesome free patch that makes the game even better. They keep showing they truly care about making Diablo 3 a lasting, quality product. Now is yet again the best time to play!

Yes and I will be downloading the patch when I get home but there is only going to be a day and a half until the other game comes out. You know, that awesome game thats going to suck up my life for the next few months? Guess which one Brumbeck?

I had mad fun last night with my 2 DHs. My main is M6 and yes it's hugely buffed. Before the patch I could barely do T10, finished GR60 last night :) I'd say UE is still more powerful than M6, she easily finished GR60, I think I can potentially clear up to GR65 with current gear. Going to try out new Shadow set, I don't really like Natalyas. Yes I love DHs!!!

I haven't fired it up in a long time. May be a year or more? I am dreading the inventory management choices of what to do with all my crusader's first season stashed gear when it gets dropped on the ground...

I recently returned toward the end of season 4 and am really enjoying this title more so now than when playing Vanilla. The addition to Leoric's Manor was underwhelming, unfortunately. I am looking forward to clearing Greyhollow, though. I finally got the chance to enter the greed realm and that was really cool in terms of atmosphere and the beautiful scenery.

I have a question about end game. I read on the forum about people coming across legendaries by the score. Is the best way to do so farming the blood stones and gambling with the merchant that accepts them?

I had been upgrading rares, but now I've run into a bit of a death's breath shortage so I'm at a stand still.

I have a question about end game. I read on the forum about people coming across legendaries by the score. Is the best way to do so farming the blood stones and gambling with the merchant that accepts them?

Well, then you start reaching Greater Rift 30 to 50, you usually get 3-5 Legendary drops at the end of each GR, which only take about 10 minutes or less once you're powerful. So the best way to level and earn Legendaries in end-game is try to keep pushing higher GR levels.

Basically, keep doing lower difficulties and regular Rifts until you get your full 6-piece set, perhaps a Focus & Restraint, and perhaps a great Hellfire Ring with an extra Passive you want. Then hit the highest GRs and watch Legendaries rain from the sky.

Back
Top Bottom