NWN2 Bioware closing "legacy" NWN2 forums

Neverwinter Nights 2

MasterKromm

Sentinel
Chris Priestly said:
Hi Everyone.

We will be closing these "Legacy" BioWare forums and moving all of our forums over to the BioWare Social Site. These forums will be closing on Monday July 19.

Please visit the new BioWare Social Forums here: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/index

We look forward to seeing you on the BioWare Social Forums.

SOURCE

Just spotted this and figured I'd share it here… TBH, I don't like the social forums. :-/

Rather disappointing that EA won't pay to move them over at least. Lots of critical and just plain useful info there that will be lost, I'm afraid...

There will be no backup or anything? Like Thrasher said, there is a ton of useful info there!

They say they will archive the posts. But they don't say if they will be searchable, or accessible in other ways. It would be nice if all my bookmarks continued to work.

Someone COULD write a little proggie to move all the posts into the new forums, but Bioware/EA doesn't want to do it. Hopefully they'll let someone in the community code and execute it.

This goes for the NWN1 Forums as well.

I meant to mention this the other day but with my work lately I plum forgot.

I don't see the point of doing that other than: drive traffic to their social site; not have to spend resources monitoring content (although they've always had their fair number of volunteers).

Collectively between the forums and the guilds over the 6 years I was on it I discovered I had made over 5000 posts.

You could save them using the pogram called HTTRACK.

It would need quite some time, though. And probably several GB of space on your harddisk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTrack

Back
Top Bottom