Divinity: Original Sin II - Released in English Only

Yeah. And playing a video game is a passive enough activity as it is. If you can't even rise to that level of passivity, I find that worrisome.

To me it feels like a waste of time. Why spent half an hour or an hour watching someone play a game? I can play the game myself and experience it myself rather than have a second-hand experience. Or read a book or anything else that is more rewarding to me.
The same with video interviews. I prefer to read them instead of watching someone play and talk. On top of that some people are just annoying to listen to but are OK to read.

To me it feels like a waste of time. Why spent half an hour or an hour watching someone play a game? I can play the game myself and experience it myself rather than have a second-hand experience. Or read a book or anything else that is more rewarding to me.
The same with video interviews. I prefer to read them instead of watching someone play and talk. On top of that some people are just annoying to listen to but are OK to read.

There's a market on youtube for watching people do things second hand. I used to work with this young autistic girl and her favorite thing ever were these long videos of people buying boxes of chocolate eggs, opening them, and showing you what is inside. These videos are apparently a big thing on you tube and get millions of views.

I guess there are just a lot of different people out there with a lot of their own quirks, and the internet lets them find each other, which is often a good thing.

Sorry, I spent enough time watching other people play games in arcades or at home when we had to share. I'd rather a book, tv or movie to watch than someone else play a game, I honestly cannot imagine anything else quite as boring. Do lots of people actually do this??

Not very far in the game, but got handed my backside to myself with compliments a few time already. Did not happen to me, in the start of a game, since long. It felt good because winning is always possible even in a dire situation and brings satisfaction.
I am really enjoying my time.

Well, it's no mystery I love D:OS. I played the EA of D:OS 2 a lot… but now that we have the full game I feel like a little kid again. Voice acting is superb. I spent 2-3 hours in the boat alone (the tutorial area) just listening to everybody and reading books. I am very happy with my contribution to their Kickstarter. Now, if only my CE would finally arrive…

PS: I am already in love with Lohse... did you hear her voice? She is going to be in my party, even if she a bit... loca...

D:OS2 currently with the 4th most people playing it of any game on Steam, after PUBG, CS:GO, and Dota 2… http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Peak (so far) is 75429 concurrent players.

For reference, all-time concurrent player peaks of other select games:

Witcher 3: 92268
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: 52051
Pillars of Eternity: 41787
Prey: 24594
D:OS1: 21953
Tyranny: 15739
Wasteland 2: 18576
Torment: Tides of Numenera: 7328

hmm I made a pretty cool party.

Playing the girl with multicolored hair as a sourcerer and the red lizard king, skeleton guy and the scarred elf....interesting mix.

D:OS2 currently with the 4th most people playing it of any game on Steam, after PUBG, CS:GO, and Dota 2… http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Peak (so far) is 75429 concurrent players.

For reference, all-time concurrent player peaks of other select games:

Witcher 3: 92268
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: 52051
Pillars of Eternity: 41787
Prey: 24594
D:OS1: 21953
Tyranny: 15739
Wasteland 2: 18576
Torment: Tides of Numenera: 7328

How is Age of Empires 2 still getting 12,000 players playing concurrently ??? :D

A couple of hours in and highly enjoying it. Not at all sold on the armour mechanics though, which makes a party specialized in a single damage type (physical or magical) much more effective than a versatile one. That's just a bad idea severly limiting your choices if you want your party to synergize well.

How is Age of Empires 2 still getting 12,000 players playing concurrently ??? :D

That game has a HUGE and very addicted fanbase AFAIK. My former boss actually ran the company (IT/system builder) I worked for back in the early 2000s into the ground and I would blame it in no small part on his AoE 2 addiction.. he even played that game at work, then at home and wouldn't show up again for work until 1PM the next day sometimes :) . Seriously, it seems to have a very competitive scene, not unlike StarCraft. Crazy stuff.

Just want to remind/mention that we have a whole subforum for Divinity and that's where I think we should enter our impressions.

The Watcher is a she. Here is some spoiler free information:
Our RPGWatch NPC has been written by the wonderful Char aka Charlene Putney.

Met her and did her quest. Not a huge spoiler, but in case someone didn't recognize her:
Chapter 5 on Nameless Isle, her quest is called "The Watcher's Mercy".

Back
Top Bottom